Fast forwarding problems with 1.9 update
Cmotaval

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems fast forwarding a show since the update. When I am fast forwarding it often skips the commerical break and the show up to the next break on anything more than 2x forward. It does this more while viewing DVR programs from the other DVR. It is also stopping the show with 10 seconds left of recording.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Fast forwarding problems with 1.9 update
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If rebooting the box (done by unplugging power cord for 30 seconds then plugging back in) does not fix your problem, please send a private message. This way we can look into this for you.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

As a beta tester I had reported (as had some others) a problem with overshoot on anything greater than 2x FF with playback while recording (this with an external drive at least).  This issue was not resolved in release 1.9a as it still occurs.  Don't know if it is being addressed in 1.9.1 (whenever that will be released) as it has not, to my knowledge) been sent to any of the existing beta testers.

0 Likes
steveehrmann

It's been a year since someone reported this bug. I'm guessing it's uncommon since I don't see many reports of it, but our fast forward and skip forward commands work erratically on all set top boxes: sometimes they work normally but about 20% of the time they go far beyond where they should - you think you've fast forwarded or skip forwarded 30 seconds of so, and you've actually leapt 10 minutes ahead.   Rewind functions seem to operate more normally.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

After receiving the 1.9.1 update (in VHO8) the problem of FF continuing minutes past the point in which I hit the play button seems to be resolved.  I have treid alll the scenarios in which I had observed this (the worst was plying back a show while recording 2 others.  Never had an issue with the skip function and still don't.

0 Likes