Re: Favorites has bugs
jimhaynes
Enthusiast - Level 1
Click on this link to FIOS TV support and it will take to a page with all the different remotes, pictues, setup videos, manuals, etc.
0 Likes
Chris

@jimhaynes wrote:

Hopefully this problem of random Favorite channels has been resolved.

It hasn't.

Chris

0 Likes
RichieRich
I do have 1.6 and the Philips RC 1445302 remote. Favorites still screwed up. Favorites button doesn't work and random "favorites" keep appearing.
0 Likes
RichieRich

OMG!!! Now this is Users helping Users. Too bad the actual company can't do this.

Your tip DID IT !!!!!!!

'Course I to still have that "ranom Favortes generating"...but hey ... this tip solved one thing that got on my nerves.

Does Verizon know or even care that this kind of thing had me calling DirectTV and DishNetwork to switch providers???? Probably has enough business they wouldn't miss me!

0 Likes
Chris

@RichieRich wrote:

Does Verizon know or even care that this kind of thing had me calling DirectTV and DishNetwork to switch providers????

I am also starting to wonder what purpose this Forum serves. I expected at least an acknowledgement of the problem from Verizon.

Chris

0 Likes
KBG
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a peer-to-peer forum. It's here for users to disscuss ideas and suggestions and questions, with other users.

It's stated at the top of the boards... "These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us."

AND

it says on the main Forums page...

Welcome to Verizon Forums!
Exchange experiences, tips, information and techniques with other Verizon customers about Verizon products and services.

Please Note: These forums are currently open to residential phone, high-speed internet, and FiOS TV customers only. Stay tuned for future additions and changes!
These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

So in this case, if you really desire a response from Verizon, best to contact directly.

Message Edited by KBG on 08-29-2008 11:01 AM
0 Likes
Chris

@KBG wrote:

So in this case, if you really desire a response from Verizon, best to contact directly.

Message Edited by KBG on 08-29-2008 11:01 AM

I tried that before posting here. I was told it had been fixed in IMG 1.6. It hasn't.

Chris

0 Likes
rondon600

what ever you do if you are experiencing FAVORITES disappearing/mysterious adds. Do NOT fall for the automated operator to see if she/it can diagnose the problem before going to a live rep. They reset your STB and all FAVORITES are lost and you have to do it again. 

BTW my box was recently updated (1.6) and all is working well. Their are now 2 Favorites menus in the latest guide. Seems stable but they still have the stupid magnified channel 

0 Likes
Chris

I tried Tech Support again and a signal was sent to reset my box. This time, it seems to have successfully cleared the corrupt data and my Favorites are working correctly again.

Chris

0 Likes