Favorites has bugs
TVHDWP

Since the July update, the favs list has been very unstable,

remove unwanted or add desired channels to the fav list and the next day some are gone others that were not there are added ???? 

All three of my stbs have the same problem I have rebooted the boxes but that has not helped

I see this is a known problem discussed on other fios forums is there a SW fix coming??

0 Likes
Re: Favorites has bugs
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
What version of the IMG do you have?  Supposedly this is fixed (or at least improved) in the V1.6 roll out that not all areas have received yet.
0 Likes
tjpc56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree,you can set your faves only to have  some channels added back.I also would like to see a default choice of.......

ALL CHANNELS

FAVORITES CHANNELS  

when you "select" your choice ,each and every time you turn your set on,your chosen pick is active,when you use the screen guide,your chosen is only viewed etc....

release 1.5.0   build  05.93    qip6200 p2 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

From what I have heard on other boards, V1.6 will have 2 favorites available and you can select which to use.  Can't verify as my area is still on V1.5

edited for spelling

Message Edited by Keyboards on 08-25-2008 11:08 AM
Message Edited by Keyboards on 08-25-2008 11:08 AM
TVHDWP
I spoke to tech service and they will upgrade from ver 1.5.0 in my area sometime around sept 9th hope that is true and that it will fix the buggs....
0 Likes
RichieRich
Favorites button just quit working today. Just get a red heart and the word "favorites1" on the top right os screen - BUT NO MORE LIST.
0 Likes
cubs2b23

Saw this today after my IMG updated to 1.6.  What you have to do is go into the Menu->Settings-Favorites->Favorites Button and select Show Favorites Listings.  Mine was set to Toggle Flip by Favorites after the update. 

Oh and I still have the favorites bug where unwanted favorites are showing up randomly.  So Annoying.

0 Likes
Chris

I received the IMG 1.6 update today and immediately checked whether this bug had been fixed. Unbelievabley, it is now WORSE than before. Previously, I would get random channels added to the Favorite channels that I selected. Now, I ONLY get the random channels.

Would CS like to comment?

Chris

0 Likes
jimhaynes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night (8/27/08) I discovered that the Favorites button on my remote was not working.  During a call with Verizon support I found out the the Motorola DR800 remotes that I have will not work properly with the image recently downloaded (1.6).  My remotes had been issued to me when FIOS was first installed about 2 years ago. I live in Leesburg in Northern Virginia.  Verison is shipping me new Philips RC 1445302 remotes..

I had been experincing problems with channels randomly being added and removed to my Favorited list.  I am not sure what image verison I was on while I ws having this problem.  Hopefully this problem of random Favorite channels has been resolved.

0 Likes
tjpc56
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I find out my remote control brand ID ? I have the same issues(noted in earlier reply) and want to be proactive if the 1.6 upgrade disables the faves on my original remote.

(Original FIOS issued remote )

When to expect 1.6 upgrade in Flower Mound ,Tx. ?????????

0 Likes