Favorites - how do I?
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

How do I convince Favorites that I REALLY want it to start at the channel that I'm stationed at right now?  I'm usually in the 800+ channels yet when I click Favorites it always starts down at the first Favorites that I set up (500 channels).  Then I must Page Up to the 800's so that I see what's on in the 800=0-- channels.  That's a pain and VERY confusing.  If it were to start right where I'm at it would be a simple matter to either do a Page Down to the first 800's or continue on to view the channels beyond where I'm at. 

I'm sure there's a way to do this but I have yet to figure it out.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Favorites - how do I?
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

zooky,

Well, that might explain why you see different results. I really hope it is not the different level of the IMG, but I would almost bet it is. I hope maybe some other folks from the West Coast that have 1.6.1 will try to replicate your problem, it may be the ony way we know that the problem isreally  that release. And supposedly 1.6.1 is not going to be sent out to other areas of the country, but instead a 1.6.2 will be distributed, fixing the known problems in 1.6.1. But will those fixes fix the problems you are seeing with the Guide?

Techman28, or one of the other Verizon techs here, does anybody know if the problem that zooky has identified is in 1.6.1 but not 1.6.0, and will be fixed in 1.6.2? (and does Verizon even agree that what zooky is seeing is a problem?)

Keller, TX 76248

f.y.i. - I watched for this problem VERY carefully last night and discovered that it's a 50/50 (50% of the time it did/didn't do it).  I must have ben drawn to the problem during the 50% of the time it didn't work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I think if you are on a channel that is in your Favorites, it will start there, try that.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Zooky,

Are you saying that you have an 800 channel, lets say 840, in your Favorites, and you are actually viewing 840, and you click to view your Favorites and the display of the Favorites shows your first channel, 5xx, rather than 840? That is most certainly not the way it works for me; if I am on any channel that is in my Favorites and I display my Favorites, I see the channel I am currently on, and that is how i think it should work.

Now, if for some reason it displays a 5xx channel, and you want to see channels in the 800 range, after displaying the Favorites, just key in the channel you want to go to in the Favorites, such as 840 (0840 will go there faster), and it will immediately go to that channel, or just enter 800 (or 0800), it will go to the channel in you Favorites just below the number you enter if the channel entered does not exist.

But as I said at first, if I do understand what your setup is, that is not working correctly.

May I also suggest you go to the item I wrote on setting up your Favorites, which appears at the top of the list for FiOS TV, maybe something in there will help  Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
I think Zooky meant another channel other than what's set up in Favorites.
0 Likes
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

Zooky,

Are you saying that you have an 800 channel, lets say 840, in your Favorites, and you are actually viewing 840, and you click to view your Favorites and the display of the Favorites shows your first channel, 5xx, rather than 840?

That is most certainly not the way it works for me; if I am on any channel that is in my Favorites and I display my Favorites, I see the channel I am currently on, and that is how i think it should work.

Now, if for some reason it displays a 5xx channel, and you want to see channels in the 800 range, after displaying the Favorites, just key in the channel you want to go to in the Favorites, such as 840 (0840 will go there faster), and it will immediately go to that channel, or just enter 800 (or 0800), it will go to the channel in you Favorites just below the number you enter if the channel entered does not exist.

But as I said at first, if I do understand what your setup is, that is not working correctly.

May I also suggest you go to the item I wrote on setting up your Favorites, which appears at the top of the list for FiOS TV, maybe something in there will help  Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248 

Well, you're understanding of the problem(1st para.) is correct.  You've given me hope that something, somewhere, is not seup correctly.  Actually, that's a BIG ray of hope.  I'll reread your Favorites message (it's a good post but I'm obviously missing something, somewhere).  Now that I know that it SHOULD work the way I want it to I'll roll up my sleeves, pop the hood and see what I can see.

THANKS!

0 Likes
zooky
Contributor - Level 1
@zooky wrote:

Well, you're understanding of the problem(1st para.) is correct.  You've given me hope that something, somewhere, is not seup correctly.  Actually, that's a BIG ray of hope.  I'll reread your Favorites message (it's a good post but I'm obviously missing something, somewhere).  Now that I know that it SHOULD work the way I want it to I'll roll up my sleeves, pop the hood and see what I can see.

THANKS!

p.s. - I tried the trick that you suggested (entering 800 hoping that it would go to the next one in my favorites if 800 doesn't exist in my Favorites.  NoGo - it just promptly put me in the lower0050's - I donno where.  Weird.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

zooky,

I just had a horrible thought - where are you located? Are you by chance out on the West Coast with the screwed up 1.6.1 level of the IMG? If so, that might explain the difference in operation (and that scares me if that is the difference, what you are describing is most certainly not what I see happening on 1.6.0 here or what I want to see happen in the next release - please Verizon, don't break what isn't broken).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

zooky,

I just had a horrible thought - where are you located? Are you by chance out on the West Coast with the screwed up 1.6.1 level of the IMG? If so, that might explain the difference in operation (and that scares me if that is the difference, what you are describing is most certainly not what I see happening on 1.6.0 here or what I want to see happen in the next release - please Verizon, don't break what isn't broken).

Keller, TX 76248

Yep!  I'm in the Seattle area.  Settings reveal that I'm running 1.6.1, sigh.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

zooky,

Well, that might explain why you see different results. I really hope it is not the different level of the IMG, but I would almost bet it is. I hope maybe some other folks from the West Coast that have 1.6.1 will try to replicate your problem, it may be the ony way we know that the problem isreally  that release. And supposedly 1.6.1 is not going to be sent out to other areas of the country, but instead a 1.6.2 will be distributed, fixing the known problems in 1.6.1. But will those fixes fix the problems you are seeing with the Guide?

Techman28, or one of the other Verizon techs here, does anybody know if the problem that zooky has identified is in 1.6.1 but not 1.6.0, and will be fixed in 1.6.2? (and does Verizon even agree that what zooky is seeing is a problem?)

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

zooky,

Keller, TX 76248

f.y.i. - I watched for this problem VERY carefully last night and discovered that it's a 50/50 (50% of the time it did/didn't do it).  I must have ben drawn to the problem during the 50% of the time it didn't work.

0 Likes