Favorites
ex1895
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried setting my Favorites chanels several times, and each time the Favorites list included many channels I did NOT select!   I even cleared all Favorites and started all over again.  But the unwanted channels showed up again.

Suggestions?

Re: Favorites
Justin46
Legend

@ex1895 wrote:

I have tried setting my Favorites chanels several times, and each time the Favorites list included many channels I did NOT select!   I even cleared all Favorites and started all over again.  But the unwanted channels showed up again.

Suggestions?

There are multiple ways to create a Favorites list; what process are you using?

Why not just delete the unwanted ones and move on? There are two ways to easily remove unwanted entries.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
ex1895
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did what the tutorial told me to do - several times.  But many channels won't go away. For example, I have no interest in several sports channels. I deselect those unwanted channels (the little heart goes away)  then exit the setup.  But those channels reappear in my Favorites even after I remove them.

I also tried removing the channels at the My Verizon TV Channels website and that didn't work either.

ex1895
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Verizon Community" just sent me an email message to see if problem was resolved.  Good idea to check!  But unfortunately, my problem haw NOT been resolved.

0 Likes
DaveKoehler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I set my list to only the channels I want, and then additional channels I didn't select show up as favorites, and many of them are channels I am not even subscribed to. It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you have set up your favorites and call up the guide, does the bottom right hand corner say favorites?

Or all channels.

0 Likes
DaveKoehler
Enthusiast - Level 2

The upper right corner shows Filter By: Favorites 1

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just tried it on my TV.

Works just fine.

I added maybe 5 channels to favorites and that is all it showed.

Have you gone in to look at favorites to see if those channels are selected?

Did you maybe hit add all by accident?

0 Likes
DaveKoehler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate your attempt to help, but I am an "advanced" user. I haven't made any obvious errors, and I have read of others on this board having the same problem.

There is something broken with the system, and I realize it will be hard to pin down due to the fact that it is only a problem for some people. I am guessing it has something to do with the specific hardware and/or plan we have, or the interaction between the set-top box, the online listings, and the FiOS app, all of which list favorities.

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Since the Quantum upgrade to the new UI, I've noticed that my previously established Favorites don't show up when I initially press the Favorites buttons.  Instead I get a long list of channels I never selected as Favorites - I know because I only set one single channel as a favorite.  If I press the Favorite button a second time, then my single favorite channel shows up and I can select it.

I have not tried to delete whatever that list is that shows up on the first button press - I wondering if it's just the default "all"  channels.