Re: Favorites
Tony761
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  My media server was upgraded last night and the favorites no longer work.   The favorite channels are correct in the Settings menu, but when I hit the Favorites remote button, all channels appear.

DaveKoehler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looking over the boards here, this seems to be an ongoing, yet unaddressed issue with a number of Verizon customers. I wish they would take it seriously and try to figure out a solution. 

I just tried removing the channels that I didn't select and didn't want from Favorites again. When I went back in a minute later, even more were randomly added than before.

My DVR is a Motorola and the number on the front is QIP6416-2. Is that the same as others that are having this problem?

0 Likes
jtarheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

My problem with favorites: Favorites 1 works the way I had set it up.  Favorites 2 refuses to retain settings.

I have not upgraded to Quantum, so that is not an issue.  It is the same DVR that we have had from the beginning of service.  Everything worked as set before.  So I can only guess it is due to some remote updating of the DVR by Verizon.

As a test, I have tried several times to just add one channel to Favorites 2.  Exit.  And find that all the channels selected on Favorites 1 get copied over to Favories 2.  

Yes, filter shows the proper setting.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jtarheel wrote:

My problem with favorites: Favorites 1 works the way I had set it up.  Favorites 2 refuses to retain settings.

I have not upgraded to Quantum, so that is not an issue.  It is the same DVR that we have had from the beginning of service.  Everything worked as set before.  So I can only guess it is due to some remote updating of the DVR by Verizon.

As a test, I have tried several times to just add one channel to Favorites 2.  Exit.  And find that all the channels selected on Favorites 1 get copied over to Favories 2.  

Yes, filter shows the proper setting.

Thank you.

There are multiple ways to create/add to Favorites lists. Ones I have successfully used in the past:

1) From the STB Menu

2) Using the Options button on the STB remote while watching a channel

3) From the web

Which technique are you using? And have you tried a different technique to see if maybe it will work? What do you mean, "filter shows the proper setting"?
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
jtarheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

The filter where on the guide that show Favorites 1, Favorites, 2, or all, are being used.

I have only tried using the Settings menu to set the Favorites.

0 Likes