Fed up with the terrible customer service.
annoyedcust1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm so fed up with Verizon's terrible customer service. My DVR started going out last week. I figured that now would be a good time to get the new 500gb DVR that all of the new customers get to have. After several long calls with "customer service" they said that I could pick one up from the local store (which is a 30 minute drive). So after calling in the morning to make sure that the boxes were in stock, I went down there. They refused to give me the newer 500gb DVR, instead giving me a 120gb DVR.

When I got home, I called customer service again three more times. The third time, the customer service agent put in an order for a new DVR, promising me that  I would receive the 500gb box. Guess which DVR they sent me? The 120gb DVR!

Again, I called customer service, got hung up on, called back again and was unable to speak to a supervisor. They also claim that they have no control over which DVR they can send. That's so ridiculous.  

I've had it. I pay waaaaaay to much and have been a loyal customer for over 4 years. I don't even get the 25/25 internet speed that I'm paying for. As soon as my contract is up I'm switching to Time Warner or AT&T. I know their customer service is much better, and at least I'll be able to use a faster wireless router.  

Good Bye Verizon. You're way too expensive for how you treat your customers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fed up with the terrible customer service.
annoyedcust1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to the local store's supervisor. He was very nice and I should be able to switch DVRs tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be another wasted trip.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
annoyedcust1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to the local store's supervisor. He was very nice and I should be able to switch DVRs tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be another wasted trip.

0 Likes
DMZ

October 2011
-------------------
Wanted to add another set top box for a 3rd TV.  So I called customer service and had them send me one instead of going to the FiOS store which in my area, which uses 2 gallons of gas round trip.  I asked for the newer black colored box which is lighter and uses less energy.  2 days later, the package shows up at my door and low and behold, they sent the old large box instead. Surprised?  So I called the local FiOS store in Spring Valley, NY since I couldn't get through to customer service on the phone that morning (perhaps because it was the day before hurricane Irene struck the NY area) and was told to just bring it up there. I wound up spending FOUR HOURS in the store as I was told they couldn't switch it out because it wasn't plugged in and activated!  They made calls to different departments in an effort to straighten this out, but to no avail.  I wanted to take the box and smash it on the floor in front of them!  Unless I miss my guest, ALL cable boxes are tracked by their serial #, so why was there a problem? Because of a colossal design FLAW in the Verizon FiOS computer system that requires you to plug in & activate a box BEFORE you exchange or return it.  Have you ever heard of anything so stupid in your life?  So I took the old box home, took apart that part of the wall unit, replaced the existing HD setop box with the wrong one they sent, activated it, put the wall unit back together, took the box I've had for 4 years back, got the new design one, bought it home, installed it, and low and behold, THERE'S NO CLOCK DISPLAY!  The excuse customer service is giving out for this one is that alleviation of the clock display makes the box use less energy.  Just who does this company think they're BSing?   I was in the digital clock biz back when digital displays first came out in the 1970's.  These vacuum florescent types use barely any power at all to speak of compared to what the box consumes overall.  They know the average consumer doesn't have the technical background I have to know better.  Just another excuse so Verizon could save a buck or 2 on each box they buy from Motorola, As Porky Pig would say, "BADEE BADA BEDED THAT'S ALL FOLKS!"

0 Likes