Fed up...
justinpickard23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've spent many hours trying to resolve several issues and I'm fed up. I' don't want to waste anymore time so "Im going to post in here with the hope that a VZ tech with some gumption sees it and takes charge of this mess. Here is a copy of a letter I sent in with returned equipment.

January 28, 2012

Verizon FIOS

To Whom it May Concern,

Here are all of the items from the previous account (Dean P., xxx-xxx-xxxx) along with a malfunctioning HD DVR receiver (newer style) from the new account (Justin P., xxx-xxx-xxxx). There was a lot of confusion during the installation and the installer did not replace the old router. I called Verizon last week and ordered a new one but have not received it. If/when I do receive it, I will return the other router. We obviously can’t right now because it’s the only router we have. The installer also did not give us a remote for one of the two new DVRs. I will keep the one from the replacement that we received yesterday. All of the old remotes from the old installation are included.

If there is any other missing equipment, it is due to the fact that the installer did not completely replace the previous system that had been in place for the previous 2 ½ years.  I brought this up with him several times but he told me that Verizon would recognize it and not require return on any items that are still being used under the new account. I hope that he was not wrong.

If my father (old account) or I (new account) are charged any fees for non-returned equipment, it will create a large problem. Please look over my account (xxx-xxx-xxxx) and look at all of the calls I’ve placed lately due to malfunction equipment/service. We only had the service installed 2 weeks ago and I’ve been on the phone with Verizon over 6 hours!  It’s already been a difficult time with this new installation. If we start to have billing issues, my next call will not be a pleasant one.

Please reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if there are any problems.

Sincerely,

Justin P.

As expected, we just received an URGENT letter from VZ saying we still have not returned 2 HD DVR boxes. We returned everything we could and if we were supposed to have returned all equipment form the old install, than the VZ installer failed at his job..

In addition, remote DVR is not working in the entire house, from the VZ site or my VZ mobile phone. Tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned by people who've posted about this before but with zero success

Like I said, I'm fed up and want these problems to go away without having to spend another 5, 10, 20 hours on the phone with VZ, We can't' return what we don't have. We certainly aren't going to pay for two non-existent unreturned HD DVRS and we're not going to continue paying our bill until all of our services are working and all issues are resolved. Does this seem unreasonable to anyone?

Is there a VZ employee out there that will take responsibility for VZ's mistakes and do their best to resolve these problems? Here's to hoping so.

Sincerely,

Justin

0 Likes
Re: Fed up...
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

justinpickard23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really appreciate your effort, KaLin. Thanks.

0 Likes
justinpickard23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Despite KaLin's efforts, I still have not had any luck with my problems. I did receive a quick message where I was instructed to fill out a brief online form (wasting yet more of my time). This was submitted to Verizon for escalation. Since then, nothing at all. Not a peep. I expect the next correspondence to be another letter DEMANDING their equipment back. Anyone want to bet on it?

As I said above, it is not my job to track Verizon down to explain their mistakes. I will not spend anymore time on the phone unless someone calls me. I also will not pay for non-existent unreturned equipment. I will, however, consider stopping all payments for all services (including my cell phone), until this is resolved. Shut it off. Ding my credit. Whatever floats your boat Verizon.

Is this really how Verizon operates? Are they so focused on sales that once they've got the hook in, they ignore you? Why did I get myself into another 2 years of this???

-Justin

0 Likes