FiOS CSR's. Do they think we are stupid?
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

They added a sub channel on our cable here in Boston, 7-2 (WhdhDT2).  They added it as channel 460 on FiOS here.

Well, WHDH-DT2 is showing 'This TV'.  I called and got to know someone over at WHDH named Jim S. because Tivo listings showed up before the station did, cool.

I do have a Moto FiOS cable box, and on that listing, they have it as a Retro TV Network channel with listings for that.

So, I put a ticket in for it, saying the listings were wrong.  Got a call from FiOS assuring me it WAS an RTN station, and that I was wrong.  She says they called the station to verify it.  Well, the person they would have called, is my friend over at WHDH, Jim S.

She swears I am wrong, and I say I am watching the channel right now and it is 'This TV'.  She insists I am wrong, I say then where am I

watching this channel, up my butt?  She says the station insists it is RTN.

So, I email Jim S. over at WHDH.  He tells me that they have sent 'This TV' affiliation sheets to FiOS *3 TIMES* and nobody at FiOS has ever called them to confirm listings.

So, they lied to me and insist I am wrong.   Jeez.

I'll stick with my CORRECT Tivo listings.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS CSR's. Do they think we are stupid?
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar problem with customer support in the sense that I knew there was something wrong with the Fios internet (creating an email subaccount) and the customer support people insisted the problem could not possibly be with Verizon. Fortunately for me the problem cleared up a couple hours later and I did nothing to fix it. The problem is the customer support people that feel a need to deny that there is any possibility that it is a Verizon problem. I volunteered to wait until the next day but they insisted that the problem would still exist the next day. They were wrong about that.

Have you called to report the problem to Verizon? I talked to a very nice support person today and I asked her what to do about the unpleasant experience I had. She said there are numbers we can call to report problems. She was not sure what number to give me for me to call but she tried and I will try calling on Monday.

0 Likes