Re: FiOS Complaints
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
Their regular TV service is great. Their non-HD on-demand is the worst quality I've ever seen. It's like watching UHF.
0 Likes
PIPESMOKER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would that be the same quality of signal I would get watching the subscriptions on demand area?

It's not renting on demand but it's still in the on demand section?  Just wondering because I get

great quality with my fios no matter what I watch.   

0 Likes
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
Yeah, the premier subscription on-demand. Obviously the non-HD section.
0 Likes
JKoch

I have called customer service numerous times and thought they had good customer support until yesterday.  I think they should have someone in their business office over the weekends, because people that work 2nd shift like me have problems calling during their normal business hours, so what if a problem arrises over the weekend with like adding service, who do you call? I also downloaded the Verizon Help/Support...Believe me don't download this program it will screw up your microsoft outlook, at least I am a little more smarter then the guy on the other end of support and did a system restore and now am able to receive my e-mail through outlook.  I was on the phone 53 mins with this person and they did not help me at all?  I then figured out what to do on my own.  Thank God for system restore.  I think he went over the same steps 5-8 times not thinking I knew what he was talking about, but if he knew what system restore was, that phone conservation would have taken 2 minutes.  I have been around the internet for the last 10 years, not sure why I called Customer Support, but obviously the guy at customer support didn't know either.

Hopefully noone will encouter the same problems that I did..

0 Likes
PIPESMOKER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have very rarly had any problems what so ever.  every once in a while we will have a few of the higher end channels out but they usually have them up and running in a short amount of time, and that's not very often.  Have never had any phone problems or internet problems.  If it is a internet problem it is always something on my end with my lap top.  Our Fios TV and phone is very crisp and clear.  I have read others talk about their billing and it is very hard to read,  you just have to look at it a line at a time to make sure you are being charged correct and we have never been over charged.  Their CS has always been good to me, but I don't call them often except for the wireless CS (I don't have Verizon wireless, but I am manager of a account with a couple of phones on it) and their wireless CS is great.  They have taken care of every issue I had the first time and were always nice and polite.  . 

I do subscribe to their extra level of tech support for a few dollars a month.  But they will go in and remove bugs and even remove a virus if you get on on your computer.  They take care of computer problems that reg. Tech support doesn't handle.  And with me not knowing how to fix anything with a computer I use the service several times a month, so it's worth the 12 or 14 dollars a month or however much it is.  They don't try to explain to  you what to do, they connect to your computer and they do all the work you just sit and watch them type on your screen and such.  It's a great service if you have the few extra dollars a month and know nothing about computers.  They have even went in and cleaned mine up and reset some settings so my lap top would run faster.

I am much happier with Verizon than the cable company (with internet) that we had before.   We did have our home phone with AT&T and we went ahead and moved it over to Verizon and bundled it with everything else we already had.  We can do many more things with the phone and voicemail than we could with ATT.  And every time it rained our ATT lines had lots of static on them.

Overall my wife and I are very happy with Verizon.

0 Likes
PIPESMOKER
Enthusiast - Level 2
I use the Fios TV Central to set up my shows that I want to record and use it to look at the guide that way I am not scrolling having to hold the remote.  It's so mcuh easier to sit at the laptop and look at the guide and click on a button with your mouse to record it.
0 Likes
PIPESMOKER
Enthusiast - Level 2
What do you not like about the guide?
0 Likes
CHubbzs

Their customer service is good depending on who you get and what kind of mood they are in at the time.  I signed up for Verizon when they had a sign up bonus (which was one of many gifts offered at the time). When I got on board all the really cool stuff had passed. I believe my offer was an AMEX card worth $250.  DID NOT SEE THE CARD!!!!!  NEVER GOT IT!!! I had a neighbor say that when she signed up she had the same problem and she did not get her gift either.  I have had problems with Verizon day one, from order till months later. Long story short....ordered services online....one of their techs came out hooked everything up (so we thought)........had some of the services we asked for but not all (signed up for the triple freedom)....a month passed was not billed for services ( begin a good person, called to let Verizon know this so it could be corrected).......another month passes by no bill and services shut off completely.....called Verizon again rep to me that on their records it showed no service connection for my address......????......had to completely do a whole new contract with them (this is three or four months later)......told I would get credits for services not used....now back to what I said above....did not get gift....did not get credits.....well not the ones I was promised.  Til this day I am still paying for their mistake. They dropped a $300+the month that was due bill in my lap and wanted it all. I should have stayed with the other guy.....all this heartache over wanting a cheaper bill and all I have now is a bill that is more than what I used to have.

0 Likes
JKoch
I know what you mean, they are like alot of these other companies and make promises they can't keep.  A guy at work told me how great Verizon was until the free stuff was done, then he changed his tune.  I had the Dish Network, I am thinking about going back after my year is up, they wanted me to stay bad, they kept caling and e-mailing me, but I signed the 1 year contract with Verizon.  I had a problem about a month or two ago with malware, everytime I went into Internet Explorer I would get some weird stuff going on, so I called Tech Support, the tech I spoke with said "Sorry I can't help, but I will give you the number for Norton Antivirus, since I have Norton, so I called Norton and they told me to call Verizon, so it was the ping pong effect.  Then the kicker today was if they have to reset my password, they must talk to my husband since his name is one the account..The funny thing is I am the one that signed the contract for FIOS 2 years ago and my hubby has nothing to do with the internet except helping with the Verizon Bill, since it has TV and Telephone connected also.  Another thing that I was not impressed with was they don't have anyone that could turn the On Demand on over the weekend.  I tried called 10 times yesterday and got no where.  So I will have to take care of that tommro.
0 Likes
MIB
Enthusiast - Level 3
May I remind you all that this forum section was created by me, MIB. It is not officially associated with Verizon. Although, they may or may not read what you write. Otherwise, your comments will basically go unheard.
0 Likes