Switch Account

FiOS DVR deleting recordings

FiOS DVR deleting recordings

Copper Contributor roboken
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(3,058 Views)

I just went to watch an episode of The Americans that I recorded on my DVR (I record the whole series in HD).  I noticed that the first 3 episodes are not listed in my DVR anymore.  I the checked the "recently deleted" folder and there were MANY shows that I recorded listed there - and I did NOT delete them!  Why are they being deleted?? My DVR shows 54% full so I have plenty of space.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(3,044 Views)

There are 3 likely causes of recordings being deleted:

1.) They were deleted by you or someone else in your house. This would be listed in the All Activities (History) folder as Program Deleted by User.

2.) They were deleted by the DVR because the disk was full and your program was not protected. This would be listed in the All Activities (History) folder as Program Deleted to make room...

3.) They were deleted because your series manager has that program set to Only Keep 'X' Episodes.

Sounds like you are having problems with option number 3. Go into the Series Manager and set it to Keep All Episodes and you shouldn't have this problem again.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

Moderator Moderator
Message 3 of 3
(95 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.