FiOS Mobile APP
mitch4net

The FiOS Mobile App is fairly new and I have it downloaded. It has never recognized me as a FiOS customer. The Support for th App stinks as they tell you to kill the app and donload it again. I have done everything they have suggested and it still doesn't work. It has a 3 Star rating but there are ton's of one star ratings which is what I would give it. Why does Verizon allow an app like this to continue when it doesn't work for most people. It only creates frustration with their product.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile APP
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I'm using the FiOS Mobile app on an iPhone 4s and an iPhone 5 with very few problems.

Did you attempt to sign in to the app with your My Verizon user ID and password?

0 Likes
stellar7
Enthusiast - Level 2

eljefe,

For clarification are you referring to the FIOS Mobile Remote to use your phone as a remote.  The FIOS Mobile app I'm having problems with is an iPad app that you can use to watch live tv shows.

0 Likes
stellar7
Enthusiast - Level 2

mitch4net,

If you are referring to the FIOS Mobile iPad application used to watch live tv, I'm interested in hearing what problems you are having.  I've downloaded the application a number of times on (2) different iPads and have used both the primary and sub accounts and in all conditions the application tells me I've entered invalid credentials.  I'm frustrated, especially after talking to technical support.  They have little to no information on how to troubleshoot this application, which is a shame coming from a company as large as Verizon.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Sorry stella7, I misunderstood which app you were talking about.

I am using the FiOS Remote app which lets you program your VCR, etc.  I hope you get the app you're having trouble with working in that I may have an interest in trying it on my iPad some day.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@stellar7 wrote:

mitch4net,

If you are referring to the FIOS Mobile iPad application used to watch live tv, I'm interested in hearing what problems you are having.  I've downloaded the application a number of times on (2) different iPads and have used both the primary and sub accounts and in all conditions the application tells me I've entered invalid credentials.  I'm frustrated, especially after talking to technical support.  They have little to no information on how to troubleshoot this application, which is a shame coming from a company as large as Verizon.

Stellar7, I replied to your exact same inquiry in another thread with this response:

Hello,

Recheck your network settings on the iPad to ensure that you are trying to connect to your home wireless FiOS network and not another one.

Try deleting all Verizon apps you currently have on the iPad.  Afterwards, reinstall them again. Start with the 'Verizon FiOS Mobile' app for the iPad.

We've been using the Verizon FiOS Mobile app on an iPad and iPad mini and have not had any issues, and I've deleted/reinstalled it just to see if I get any messages like yours and it always seems to work fine.

Good luck!

mitchnet, is it the Verizon FiOS Mobile app on the iPad that you are having problems with or the app for Android devices?

I know the Verizon FiOS Mobile app works well on our iPad and iPad mini for live tv,

but it was giving us login credential issues on the Google Nexus (Android tablet), and that latter problem has been reported to Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile APP - ERROR CODE 9 - INVALID CUSTOMER
drasque

Has anyone resolved this?  I've always been getting this and no one seems to know why.  I can log in fine to the app, remote control works, everything is fine except the live TV.  I'm on my verizon router at home, I've been a customer for 5 years, and I'm still getting this error. 

I'm wondering if the people that get this error don't have a verizon phone number.  I only have internet and TV.  But my assumption is that they are checking for a phone number with verizon as well.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just downloaded FIOS Mobile app onto my iPad. Worked perfectly to control both my TV's.Used it to record a show from Master Bedroom onto HD DVR in Den. Router is "downstairs" near Den DVR STB.

Hope all is working out for you now.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile APP - Invalid Customer - Error Code 9
drasque

Thanks for the reply, Tom.  Can you use the "Live TV" Feature?  That's the feature i'm having issues with.  Controlling TV is fine, haven't actually recorded a program yet, but I'll give it a shot when I get home.  Continuously says Error Code 9 - Invalid Customer.  

I've re-installed the app multiple times, and that doesn't solve the issue either.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile APP - Invalid Customer - Error Code 9
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just turned on my Den TV to Ch 552 the "normal" way.

Went to iPad in another room.

Selected Live TV----Watch on TV and chose  Ch 602 CNBC

It switched ot it

Selected Ch 126 MIL HIST it switched to it.

My iPad is "registered" to verizon.net

Hope this helps.\

0 Likes