FiOS Mobile App (Android) TV Listings are NOT for my area
mcc3
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few days ago I took an OTA update to the mobile FiOS app.  Ever since, the TV listings are for somewhere in the New York  area.  However, I live in the Baltimore/Washington area.  The listings used to be accurate and identical to the Guide on the TV.  Now the mobile app guide is worthless to me.  I refuse to go through the frustration of trying to find an apppropriate place to resolve this by calling Verizon Support again.  I called verizon tech (FiOS) and was transferred to Verizon Wireless, where I was told it isn't THEIR problem - it's TECHs problem.  Well, apparently it's MY probllem and I GIVE UP.  {please keep your posts courteous}  That's NO WAY to run a railroad ( where I'd get at least as much help as Verizon phone support!).  I can't even email Verizon about the problem - they don't have an email address!.  None of the online help categories seem to fit the problem and the robot lady doesn't understand anything.

THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile App (Android) TV Listings are NOT for my area
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mcc,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Afternoon, 
Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your Private Support Case. If you need further assistance, please feel free to create a new thread. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
mdavis1

I have had the same problem since I udated the FIOS Mobile app on my Kindle Fire about a month ago.  Since the update, the listings are for the New York area, and not Baltimore (where I live).  I have already tried deleting and re-installing the app, but I still get New York listings.  I have used the "feedback" feature in the app 3 times requesting support and never got a reply.  I have searched the Verizon forums to no avail.  I searched the support section and couldn't find any help.  I found this page today using a standard Google search.  Searching from Verizon's support page turns up nothing.

The Mobile Remote app can detect my set top boxes, and I can change channels, but I have to resort to blind channel surfing since the channel assignment is not even close to being correct.  The live streaming feature is now useless, since it shows the Baltimore equivalent to whatever is assigned the channel number is streamed, not the title I selected.

If you want more information from a Verizon customer, I suggest you send an e-mail to their Verizon account.  Expecting them to find this obscure forum page again is asking for a miracle.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

I emailed a contract I have on the FiOS Mobile App Team.  He asked that anyone with this issue they should send feedback using the app feedback function.  It's located under the Help area:  Send Feedback.

0 Likes
mdavis1

I've been doing that once a week since the beginning of the month.  No resolution yet.  Not even the courtesy of acknowledging that it is being addressed.  The only response in this thread (starting in April) was a "we found a way to lay the blame on the customer, and choose to pretend that this isn't a real problem".

Let us download the old version until you get the bugs out of this one.  It had bugs too, but at least it let me peruse TV listings without disrupting what was currently showing on the TV.

I have never been able to download the favorites from either of my set top boxes or otherwise limit the app's display to channels that I can actually watch.  I'm pretty sure this is intentional, with Verizon hoping I'll feel like I'm missing something and upgrade to a more expensive package.  This tactic doesn't make me want to order more channels, it just makes me increasingly dissapointed with your service.  Almost $5 per day is already too much to pay.  I'll revert to rabbit ears before I pay more for "premium" channels.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@McC wrote:

A few days ago I took an OTA update to the mobile FiOS app.  Ever since, the TV listings are for somewhere in the New York  area.  However, I live in the Baltimore/Washington area.  The listings used to be accurate and identical to the Guide on the TV.  Now the mobile app guide is worthless to me.  I refuse to go through the frustration of trying to find an apppropriate place to resolve this by calling Verizon Support again.  I called verizon tech (FiOS) and was transferred to Verizon Wireless, where I was told it isn't THEIR problem - it's TECHs problem.  Well, apparently it's MY probllem and I GIVE UP.  {please keep your posts courteous}  That's NO WAY to run a railroad ( where I'd get at least as much help as Verizon phone support!).  I can't even email Verizon about the problem - they don't have an email address!.  None of the online help categories seem to fit the problem and the robot lady doesn't understand anything.

THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED

Suggest you use the feedback function in the apps Help area to let the developers know.  

0 Likes
mdavis1

This thread shows Verizon has known about the problem since April.  Read the reviews in the Google and Amazon app stores -- this software is crap, should never have been released outside of beta testing.  It has never worked right, and the most recent update has made it worse - to the point of being nearly useless.  Who is writing this code, a middle school class project?  And Verizon has the audacity to feature the Mobile app as a selling point on their TV commercials! 

At least they've acknowledged it's a problem.  I received the following on 6/23/2014:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A quick update on this issue, we have noticed several users complain about the same issue and we are currently working on a fix, as soon as the fix occurs, we will let you know.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Likes
mdavis1

Update -- The following response was received 7/7/14:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

We appreciate you using the FiOS Mobile app and recognize that your TV Listings are not showing correctly for your region. We are currently working on a fix to correct this issue and we expect to have an updated app in the near future, as soon as we publish the app, we will be in touch again to let you know of this update.

We do take feedback very seriously and appreciate you letting us know about this issue and we do hope to have this resolved soon.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team.

0 Likes