FiOS Mobile App Error on home WiFi
strangiato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the FiOS Mobile App on an iPad 2 with iOS 9.2 and on an iPhone 6 with iOS9.2. On both devices, when I try to stream any channel or DVR recording I get one of the following errors - "Playback Error: This channel is not available at this time. Please try again later. Erro code: VMS_5004" or "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later. Error Code: VMS_1".

I have authorized both devices. If I switch to stream via the cloud, I can view any of the channels available with no problem. I still cannot stream DVR content.

I have tried reinstalling the app and logging out and back in.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile App Error on home WiFi
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

I had the same thing happen this morning -  tried to watch a show o IPAd  ver 8.1 chose show,  looked like it was going to come on and then got message  "we are unable to process your request please try again later   error code VMS_1.  I have rebooted the media server and am going to try again tonite and see what happens

GGMA1126

VHO8

Delaware Fios

strangiato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I rebooted my VMS just a little bit ago and it is working for me now on both the iPad and iPhone. Hopefully, that will work for you as well.

0 Likes
Cuffey

+1 for the "reboot the VMS" solution previously offered.  The reboot eliminated the VMS_1 and VMS_5004 error messages I was receiving on both my iPhone and iPad.  FiOS Technical Support was unable to resolve the issue(s) via telephone; I was advised to create a "ticket" using the My FiOS.

A point of reference re: creating "tickets" via the App... The "Description" field for the ticket, apparently does not like "special characters."  When I typed in the error message as "VMS_1" or "VMS_5004," my entry was rejected.  To submit the ticket, it was necessary for me to remove the underscore.

0 Likes
Redvet
What is the VMS?
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

VMS is the Quantum media server.

You have to have that to stream recordings via the app.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes