Re: FiOS Mobile Remote App (Apple and Android) DVR control doesn't work
BelmontFioSucks

I have tried many things like reinstalling app on my iphone 4s or disconnecting power to box but i cant get pass the "error "network connection to fios services timed out" everytime i would like to schedule recording on my dvr using iphone.  Yet I can use the app to change the channels and browse the guide using the iphone.  it has been like 4-5 months and i cant get that to work and verizon customer support wont help.  I have called like 8-9 times just to have one issue solved with autopay.   Please help anyone.  

0 Likes
Scallywag1
OK. So for the last month plus i haven't been able to connect to the DVR via the FiOS app. I have signed in. It allows me to pay bills, use the remote, and all other functions but when in try and access the manage DVR section it says that my username or password is incorrect. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, clearing cache, clearing data, rebooting DVR, and rebooting router and nothing so far has worked. Any advice would be appreciated. A month ago it worked.
I'm on a galaxy nexus running 4.2.1
0 Likes
NancyB3
I am having the same problem - can't access dvr from My Fios app. The error message is "enter both of and password" (or something close to that).

I have had this problem for a year or so - ever since an app upgrade. Had given up but just had to factory reset my phone (Samsung Galaxy S 3) (work issues not the D3!) so I thought I would try again.

I know that the logon is correct because I can see billing info AND I signed in to this forum with it.

It was the BEST Verizon app & I wish I could get it to work!

Thanks
0 Likes
Triples229

For several months now I haven't been able to login with my phone (LG Nexus 4) or tablet (Nexus 7). I keep on getting an error that my user name and.or password is incorrect. I know that not the case because I've carefully inputed in to make sure its right. I also tried with a Samsung Galaxy S III and it worked. So it appears it only works on some phones. But I downloaded the app from the market. Please help.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

There is another thread on this problem, with a reply from Verizon.  See the thread "FiOS Mobile Remote for Android."

Link to Other Thread

0 Likes
pgc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have called many times.  Always told to reboot set-top box and then run self-diagnostics.  This works for about 1-2 weeks and then stops working until I do the reboot/diagnostics dance again.  This is not an efficient fix for this bad app.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile Remote App (iPhone) DVR control doesn't work
EileenN1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I keep getting a message saying my request is timed out check connectivity if problem exists change the channel. I've had three routers now all with the exact same issue how come Verizon has no clue how to fix this? I don't get a button to watch here or a record button and the TV listing is a completely white screen. My internet works fine all except this SORRY app!
Does anyone out there have a clue? I also get a screen asking to accept terms and conditions every time I try to open the Verizon mobile app. Hey Verizon don't offer apps that don't work!!
0 Likes
EileenN1
Enthusiast - Level 2
You have to go on the Verizon website and accept the terms and conditions there for this app. I went through this same problem and that fixed it ask tech support but you need a high level tech support person who knows what they are doing!
0 Likes
Bennero

Where on the website do you accept the T&C?

@EileenN wrote:
You have to go on the Verizon website and accept the terms and conditions there for this app. I went through this same problem and that fixed it ask tech support but you need a high level tech support person who knows what they are doing!
0 Likes