Re: FiOS Mobile app for Android on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Lesliecs
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Lesliecs wrote:

@jbyrns wrote:

I have a solution.  Last night I created a sub account, set that sub account to have Fios TV access, and it worked.  My Kindle Fire now works again using that sub account.

I am definitely going to try that tonight since Verizon appears to be doing nothing to resolve this.  Thanks !

I did the same thing and it works like a charm now!  Thanks so much jbyrns for the solution.  Maybe you should go to work for Verizon!  You sure did a better job than them in figuring something out!  Thanks!

0 Likes
Cmrt
Enthusiast - Level 1

That one worked for me, also. Thanks so much!

note: Just spent about 3/4 hour on the phone with Verizon. The tech I talked to hadn't heard of this error (!!!). I was put on hold, then my Verizon Wireless phone dropped the call.

#VZfailsagain

0 Likes
radiocynic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU, jbyrns!  

I truly cannot believe that no official from Verizon even responded to this thread, let alone might have fixed this major issue after several days of NO ACCESS among so many customers.  

Regardless, jbyrns' solution works fine.  It also works to simply use another existing (as opposed to newly-created) sub-account, as long as it's configured to have FiOS Mobile access.  Working fine now on both my Kindle Fire and my LG V10.  The only account that still doesn't work for me is my original main account, which had previously worked just fine for over a year.

So, crisis averted for now, though seriously, no thanks to Verizon themselves, so that part's just a bit frustrating...

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Verizon is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will keep you posted!

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Have a great day.  

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix is scheduled for tomorrow morning. We once again apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you.  

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
lmb551
Enthusiast - Level 2

PERFECT SOLUTION.  

Surprising that after all of the issues reported that verizon hasn't offered this as a workaround.  

Thanks again!

0 Likes
lmb551
Enthusiast - Level 2
@Lesliecs wrote:

@jbyrns wrote:

I have a solution.  Last night I created a sub account, set that sub account to have Fios TV access, and it worked.  My Kindle Fire now works again using that sub account.

I am definitely going to try that tonight since Verizon appears to be doing nothing to resolve this.  Thanks !

I did the same thing and it works like a charm now!  Thanks so much jbyrns for the solution.  Maybe you should go to work for Verizon!  You sure did a better job than them in figuring something out!  Thanks!

0 Likes
lmb551
Enthusiast - Level 2
It would be nice if Verizon would share this information with those who have brought the issue forward. I haven't had access for over a week. Bad business for Verizon. First the union, now this.
0 Likes
lmb551
Enthusiast - Level 2
Great! Look forward to trying my original account in the morning.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did mine and it is working

0 Likes