Switch Account

FiOS Router in system with other routers

FiOS Router in system with other routers

Highlighted
Contributor SteveWebber
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(2,430 Views)
I have two sites that use FiOS internet and I want to add FiOS TV to each. The two sites are connected with VPN routers that have private LANs of 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0. I understand the set-top boxes look for the FiOS router on 192.168.1.1. Is there any way to change this? I need to change this since both LANs must be on separate subnets and therefore they both can't be on 192.168.1.0.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(2,431 Views)

The FIOS STBs do NOT need the Router on 192.168.1.1 to operate properly.

I have mine on a 10.x.x.x network and everything is working fine.  The STBs will use a DHCP Range from 100 to 150 so avoid them in your addressing scheme.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.