Switch Account

FiOS TV App Can't Stream to My Device

FiOS TV App Can't Stream to My Device

Copper Contributor BrianHarg
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,494 Views)

The new app has some OK features - but am I going crazy??  I thought in the old app I could stream subscribed channels onto my devices (ipad, iphone) when connected to my network in my house - but not directly connected to the Fios router.  My Fios router is in my basement (where everything comes in the house) and I have anoher router on my third level to service the whole house.  When connected to that - I can use the remote functions, see all my subscribed channels but I can't stream it on to my device.  I thought I used to be able to do that???  

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(1,443 Views)

Are you getting a error?

Does app say you are pout of your house?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Copper Contributor BrianHarg
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(1,395 Views)

It seems to show me my full guide.  Even when I filter to just watch now - still seems to show me everything.  When I select something to stream it gives me the option to watch on a STB - or stream.  When I stream I get an error... "Please try again. If the problem persists, report it from the in-app Help center found under settings." 9-6-23-653-999"   I did report it and the answer I got was that it only works when connected to the fios router directly.  It does work when I directly connect.  

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(1,381 Views)

Some channels are only available while connected to your router.

What channel are you trying to stream?

What model STB do you have?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.