Switch Account

FiOS TV App Streaming Issue (Orbi Mesh Setup)

FiOS TV App Streaming Issue (Orbi Mesh Setup)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor tdeprenda
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(814 Views)

Having an issue streaming from the DVR to the FiOS TV app. We have the FiOS approved Orbi Mesh System (purchased directly from Verizon) connected to the Quantum Gateway Router. It was working fine for months and now we get an error (9-6-23-653-021) or it doesn't connect at all. I have restarted the media STBs as indicated when troubleshooting within the app, the Orbi routers and the Quantum Gateway Router. It seems to be able to stream when I use my iphone as a hot spot (cellular) and it's off the Orbi wifi. Before I open a ticket with FiOS, does anyone have a suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(764 Views)

What model DVR do you have?

Have you tried first connecting to WIFI on G1100?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 4
(743 Views)

See if anyone can assist here https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber

it may be the Orbi from fios is messed up as others have posted. I would have purchased the Orbi from the manufacturer and not verizon.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(719 Views)

Using the Verizon Orbi allows it to be used as an extender.

Plus (if they haven't done it yet, it is planned) it will support the new wireless STBs.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.