FiOS TV Box HDMI Connection does not work through my receiver
tfowlerusa

I have a Onyko Reviever that all of my components go through using it as a switch. I had my Cable HD box connected through the receiver with my last service using the HDMI connections. When the technician came out to set up the FiOS TV using the HDMI connection I would get a green screen. Connection it directly to the TV it was fine. However I bought this receiver to be able to use the HDMI connection to get the best sound and picture I could. The only way the set up would work is via RCA cables which do not have the same quality. Is there a solution out there or is there a software upgrade coming to the current HD box I have that will allow me to use the original connection the I had before with Cable?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV Box HDMI Connection does not work through my receiver
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure what to tell you, but I have a Motorola 6416 HD DVR paired with an Onkyo TX-SR875 to a Panasonic Plasma TV and it works fine.  What STB do you have?  What TV do you have?

0 Likes
AeroR1

its a known issue with the motorola 7100 boxes, the older 6xxx boxes do not experience this problem.  its not your tv or receiver as some people here will try tell you, its the actual verizon moto box with the problem.

i have the same problem (didnt have the problem at my old residence with the older 6xxx boxes) and after not having any more patience i started the thread below.  apparently the next IMG update next month will fix the problem.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Green-Screen-of-death/td-p/75117

0 Likes
Skaterkided

Just checking in on this. I have the Onkyo SR-606 and still get the green screen-o-death. I'm in northern NJ and i believe my box's image is still something like 1.6.7.

Any idea yet on 1.7 for my area? i'd like to be getting my money's worth soon by being able to use HDMI...

0 Likes
pfeifler
Enthusiast - Level 3

One way to set it up is - HDMI from STB to TV and optical cable from STB to receiver.  You get the best of both worlds.

I always prefer a minimalist approach when passthroughs are involved.

Just my 2 cents,

Mark

0 Likes