Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

FiOS TV One Mini - Constantly Freezing on Ethernet

RickyBu16
Contributor
Contributor

FiOS TV One Mini - Constantly Freezing on Ethernet

Message 1 of 3
(340 Views)

Hello,

I am currently experiencing an issue where 2 of my STBs are constantly freezing at random intervals. I have a total of 7 STBs, 3 of which is connected via Ethernet and 4 connected via MoCA.

Coincidentally, the 2 boxes that are giving me issues are connected to one of the 2 main STBs. 

My network consists of this:

• ONT -> FiOS G3100 -> UniFi 24-Port Switch -> TP-Link 8 port
  • UniFi access points

They were connected to my UniFi switch but when I was trying to diagnose I connected it to my G3100 directly and one of the boxes were working with no problems for about a week. However, I'm still having the same issue on the other one. 

I already restarted the main STBs.

Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening?

2 REPLIES 2
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: FiOS TV One Mini - Constantly Freezing on Ethernet

Message 2 of 3
(326 Views)

I can't seem to find the post anywhere. But I have read due to the verizon router's small NAT table there is a 2 stb limit on ethernet. Can you switch it with one that's connected to MoCA to see if problem still exists? Or better connect it with MoCA instead?

RickyBu16
Contributor
Contributor

Re: FiOS TV One Mini - Constantly Freezing on Ethernet

Message 3 of 3
(264 Views)

Hello, thank you for the reply

I will test that and check with you.

My question is, this was never a problem before until recently. Everyone was able to watch it throughout the year until the fall time, just about. 

You may be right, but I just haven't been experienced this issue and it's been about 2 years running it like this (3 STBs with ethernet).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.