FiOS TV One Setup: Please Share Your Thoughts
MJM3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has been quite a while since I've been here. I had to actually re-register, since I was unable to login. Anyhow, I'm having some issues that I truly hope I can get some help with.

In my home, we have had two VMS1100's and one Client box, for slightly more than five years now. Prior to that, we've had several of the earlier boxes over the years. During these last five years, one VMS1100 was connected to the living room TV, and the client box that linked to that was in a bedroom. The other VMS1100 was in another bedroom, and was used exclusively by one person (no client box).

Just last week, my wife stopped by a Verizon store to pick up two TV One's, and one Mini. Since I was unable to speak with her until I got home later, I was surprised to notice that the employee gave her one TV One, and two mini's. He told her that she could definitely get two TV One's, and one mini, but all that would do is give her more space. He explained to her that the setup is nothing like it used to be, and we wouldn't be able to use the second TV One box by itself, as we've previously done with the VMS1100's. He said now ALL of the recordings would show together, as there's no way to separate them. Make sense? Up to now, one of the VMS1100's, and the client box shared a listing of recorded shows, but the other VMS1100 was all by itself, with its own list of recordings. (the way we wanted).

Is this true? You can no longer have it setup like that? We would VERY MUCH like to keep things setup as we previously had them, only with the new TV One equipment.

By the way, we weren't even able to set up the TV One that we have, because there was some type of connection problems when I tried. I spent three hours on the phone with a kind woman from the Philippines on Sunday trying to get things situated, only to eventually tell her I'm going to stop for now, since I had to get ready for a few people who were dropping by to watch the Super Bowl. I guess I can ask about that in a separate post.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on the TV One & mini box setup. I apologize if I'm a bit long-winded here, but I wanted to explain exactly what was going on, so you folks can better help me. Thank You!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS TV One Setup: Please Share Your Thoughts
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Everything the rep told you shouldn’t have any bearing on the activation failing. During activation hit the info button on the remote. It will show the activation process. If it’s failing for some reason it should give you the option to continue. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are not all together. When you go to the DVR menu there will be a folder for each DVR. 

MJM3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks a lot for the info. That clears it up or me.

My last question on this issue is as follows:

After a three hour phone call on Super Bowl Sunday, I wasn't able to activate the TV One in my living room, and I would love to resolve that as soon as possible.

I use the FQG router, and connected to that is my own wireless router. The WiFi on the FQG is turned off. The woman on the phone told me I MUST unplug my own wireless router from the FQG, and I will ONLY be able to use the FiOS router to not only activate my TV One, but at all times. This sounded extremely odd to me, and she seemed very unsure of what she was saying. I noticed that they remotely turned on the WiFi for my FiOS box, and over the next couple of hours, they still weren't able to activate the TV One. I have since turned it back off.

I would think I can keep the FiOS WiFi turned off, and activate the TV One regardless. Isn't this possible? Could there be some type of setting within my wireless router that is preventing a connection to certain devices? When I recently attempted to connect my Smart TV wirelessly, I also had no luck. However, my wife's computer upstairs, and both of our cell phones are perfectly fine.

My previous router had no problem connecting a couple of devices that now won't connect. What could that mean other than some type of setting in the router.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Everything the rep told you shouldn’t have any bearing on the activation failing. During activation hit the info button on the remote. It will show the activation process. If it’s failing for some reason it should give you the option to continue.