Switch Account

FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels

FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels

Bronze Contributor III Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 21 of 23
(141 Views)

@mtk12002 wrote:
Ok, turns out this problem has been going on for almost 6 months! **bleep**?!

The problem originated with the 4100 series. We were using the receiver to verify the audio output of the boxes, which is always Dolby 5.1 regardless of original source. Look back at some of my posts and you'll see documented proof of the original signal, and the processing being applied by the 4100. Not only is the box converting everything to 5.1, but Dolby Audio compression is being applied regardless of your settings in the menu. The compression settings only apply to the analog audio outside, not the optical or HDMI outs. Like I said, please contact Verizon support directly.

Contributor mtk12002
Contributor
Message 22 of 23
(90 Views)
I was told that a team is working on giving users the flexibility to keep their audio pass through settings as is or opt to up-convert as desired on the 4100 series of devices. The team that is working on this issue says that their is no temporary workaround that can be shared. They say up-convert, but it's really not up-converting as much as it's re-encoding audio. Anyway, I'm going to see about downgrading back to the 1100.
Contributor mtk12002
Contributor
Message 23 of 23
(13 Views)
Got my VMS-1100 on Tuesday and hooked it up. Good to go! Audio pass through is working as it should! Dolby stereo programming is passed through in Dolby stereo and Dolby 5.1 is passed through as Dolby 5.1!
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.