FiOS TV Remote - Randomly controlling Bose Soundbar?
Soul_Pgh

Straightforward question - How can I unpair the FiOS TV Remote from controlling the Bose Soundbar, or at least unpair/re-pair it to only handle Volume Up/Down on the Bose Soundbar with the actual Volume Up/Down buttons instead of all buttons causing volume up and/or down?

Right now, the Verizon FiOS remote (the one with the two buttons at the top, TV and STB) makes the Bose volume go up/down with any press of any button on the remote...

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV Remote - Randomly controlling Bose Soundbar?
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Soul_Pgh wrote:

Straightforward question - How can I unpair the FiOS TV Remote from controlling the Bose Soundbar, or at least unpair/re-pair it to only handle Volume Up/Down on the Bose Soundbar with the actual Volume Up/Down buttons instead of all buttons causing volume up and/or down?

Right now, the Verizon FiOS remote (the one with the two buttons at the top, TV and STB) makes the Bose volume go up/down with any press of any button on the remote...

You have the older, non-voice remote right? Look here for instructions on how to wipe out and re-program your remote.

https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/P265_brochur...

0 Likes
Soul_Pgh

Yep, old Verizon remote - P265.  The remote works fine with the TV and Set Top Box, but it is the fact that it also is controlling the Bose Soundbar with literally any button press of the remote.  I was hopeful that someone else experienced this same situation and found out how to not have the Bose Soundbar impacted by every button press of the Verizon remote.  I will also submit this one to Bose support because they may know better than anyone on this message board since it is more how the Bose Soundbar is reacting to the Verizon remote than anything else.  Note: I did a full re-program of the remote twice (two different ways, just for fun) to see if it would work, but still the same behavior.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Soul_Pgh wrote:

Yep, old Verizon remote - P265.  The remote works fine with the TV and Set Top Box, but it is the fact that it also is controlling the Bose Soundbar with literally any button press of the remote.  I was hopeful that someone else experienced this same situation and found out how to not have the Bose Soundbar impacted by every button press of the Verizon remote.  I will also submit this one to Bose support because they may know better than anyone on this message board since it is more how the Bose Soundbar is reacting to the Verizon remote than anything else.  Note: I did a full re-program of the remote twice (two different ways, just for fun) to see if it would work, but still the same behavior.

Has the soundbar had a firmware update recently? Does it need a firmware update? Is there a fluorescent lamp, or lights on a dimmer in the room? Does the soundbar react to any other remotes you might have?

0 Likes
Timmy11

Did you figure it out?  Having the exact same problem...

0 Likes