FiOS TV Search
ryder85
Enthusiast - Level 3

My daughter likes ABBA.  So, now having FiOS for about a year, when searching "ABBA" I find that only religious programs including 'Abba" in the title or description and the actress  'Hiam Abbass' are listed.  While watching AXS yesterday I accidentally discovered that their program 'Rock Legends' will feature ABBA this coming Monday (ABBA is clearly listed in the program description).  Therefore, I tried the search again for ABBA and it still does not list this upcoming program on Monday.  Before I came to Verizon I had Cox cable and my periodic ABBA searches revealed that about twice a year a Biography program on ABBA will play and Palladia will play "ABBA The Movie".  However, now I find that a Verizon search will NEVER list any programs for the group ABBA.  Why?  I checked all my settings and Parental Controls-everything is OK there.  Does Verizon search purposely block the group ABBA or is their search function flawed?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV Search
swollengoat
Enthusiast - Level 2

The search function lost 'keyword' search functionality during the last set top box upgrade. This was the upgrade that make the massive and ugly color/design changes. 

I opened a support ticket on the issue and was told the functionality will come back 'in a future upgrade', no ETA. In the meantime, I've downloaded the tv guide app to my smartphone and it use for keyword searches.

0 Likes
ryder85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. When was that last upgrade that you mentioned?

0 Likes
jrny6621

I have noticed that I can no longer search by particular ADULT actresses anymore.  I could before the last upgrade, but no longer.  Why can't they leave alone what ain't broke!

0 Likes