FiOS TV Without FiOS Internet?
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3
I am interested in FiOS TV, but not internet because my company pays for my broadband sevice and I can't change it (unless I want to pay for it which I don't).  Can I get FiOS TV and keep my Roadrunner internet?  If so, how does the setup work?  I want to make sure I get the channel guide and VOD.  Do they tap into my current broadband service?  Will I still need the Verizon supplied router to get the channel guide and VOD?  I don't want to disrupt my current setup and want to keep my current wireless router.  Just curious how this would be configured.  By the way, my internet has a dedicated line to that outlet.  The other outlets are currently hooked up to Dish.  Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS TV Without FiOS Internet?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
What they would do is come in and hook up the tv service to all your tv's, leaving the internet alone. Then on one of the TV's they would split the cable and hook one end to the tv and the other to a router (you still get a router even if you dont have internet. it will only have access to the tv services, not actual internet). This will allow all your tv's to have full functionality to VOD, Program guide, widgets, and PPV.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
yeah it sounds like they would just tap into your dish network/directv feeds, and use THAT cabling instead of the roadrunner internet.   so as long as those TWO services are seperate from one another the fios installer shouldn't have trouble staying away and keeping his grimy mits off of it.    (jk his mits ain't grimy) Robot tongue
0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3
Do you know if I would still be able to get VOD and the channel guide without them touching my internet configuration?  I've read that they are IPTV, but wasn't sure if they would need my internet feed or not for that.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
they would hook up their own video feed/data feed from the outside box (ONT)   should be fine,  I Wouldn't trust a sales person to be able to answer the more technical questions like that.  
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3
That's exactly the info I was looking for.  Thanks.  Do you know if they would just feed the IPTV signal from the ONT to a NIM located perhaps next to the set top box or something?
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
What they would do is come in and hook up the tv service to all your tv's, leaving the internet alone. Then on one of the TV's they would split the cable and hook one end to the tv and the other to a router (you still get a router even if you dont have internet. it will only have access to the tv services, not actual internet). This will allow all your tv's to have full functionality to VOD, Program guide, widgets, and PPV.
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3
Thanks to both of you for all your help.  This is great information.  Will be signing up for FiOS soon.
0 Likes