FiOS TV coming to my area?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FiOS TV coming to my area?

Message 1 of 4
(7,016 Views)
I read in the newspaper two weeks ago that Verizon would be testing out "IPTV" for FiOS customers in my area.  I have called around to find out how I can get into this beta program, but no one seems to know.  Anyone here in the forums have an idea how I can sign up for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: FiOS TV coming to my area?

Message 2 of 4
(6,958 Views)
There is yet to be a IPTV Beta for fios, all beta programs can be found on the beta testing site. But remeber not everyone gets in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 2 of 4
(6,959 Views)
There is yet to be a IPTV Beta for fios, all beta programs can be found on the beta testing site. But remeber not everyone gets in.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,945 Views)

Shucks... looks like this is a different program than what I expected.  This program requires the home user to already have FiOS TV and a DVR box.  There is no FiOS TV in my area.

This program for IPTV looks like it adds onto an already existing FiOS TV framework.  Thanks for your reply, anyway, TimSykes.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(6,915 Views)

@nhbeaches wrote:

There is no FiOS TV in my area.

This program for IPTV looks like it adds onto an already existing FiOS TV framework.  Thanks for your reply, anyway, TimSykes.

I doubt that they would be allowed to deliver IPTV if they don't already have a video franchise agreement with your local governing body (I am assuming there is no agreement since FiOS exists but not for TV service).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.