FiOS TV one remote not syncing with STB and not controlling TV
Marabele
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had FiOS TV one for a little over a month.  Love the service however the main STB 4100 and remote are not syncing.  Tried a million different things recommended on this site to no avail.  Live is Maryland.

I have 4 TV's and 3 work fine.  The main STB is no longer syncing with the remote.  It started about 3 weeks ago.  I have a Samsung TV and the remote synced fine when I first set up the service and worked for about 3 weeks.  Then for some reason the remote did not control tv volume or power.  

The on screen instructions promted me to re-pair the remote.  But instead, the remote light turned red and a message on the screen of the TV said that there was a pairing error.  

I have reset the STB, replaced the batteries, re-paired the remote, tried to manually setup my TV but it won't let me because the remote isn't paired, called tech support and followed every instruction on this site to repair but to no avail.

Tech support said that they would send me a new remote at no charge ... Three weeks later and nothing has come in the mail.  Not sure it would matter since there are many others that seem to be experiencing the same issue that I am having and it appears to be driven by a firmware upgrade on the STB to 6.9.  At what point will Verizon fix this issue?  While I like the service I am paying more for it than my previous service and I have had nothing but headaches with the original setup and now the remote issue.  Regrets for not considering Xfinity at this moment.

Re: FiOS TV one remote not syncing with STB and not controlling TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take a look at all the other "problems with remote" posts. Support is aware of the issue and are trying to find a fix. Unfortunately because of current conditions it's taking longer than it should to get it resolved. Try your TV remote and program it to work the fios box instead. That's a work around until support gets a fix.

Compukidd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact!! same issue. I have 4 tv's and 3 work perfectly. 1 will fail to pair then it pairs and works for 30 seconds. Then it says paired to another tv, then i repair it 50 times and it constantly fails.  Pairing my tv remote is not a work around. It does not work the DVR. What is the issue here??

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

What box is not working, A VMS or IPC box?

What brand of TV is giving you issues?

What APR version of firmware are is your problem Box on?

Did you try pairing one of the working remotes to the problem box?

Thanks.

@Compukidd wrote:

I have the exact!! same issue. I have 4 tv's and 3 work perfectly. 1 will fail to pair then it pairs and works for 30 seconds. Then it says paired to another tv, then i repair it 50 times and it constantly fails.  Pairing my tv remote is not a work around. It does not work the DVR. What is the issue here??

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Marabele wrote:

I have had FiOS TV one for a little over a month.  Love the service however the main STB 4100 and remote are not syncing.  Tried a million different things recommended on this site to no avail.  Live is Maryland.

I have 4 TV's and 3 work fine.  The main STB is no longer syncing with the remote.  It started about 3 weeks ago.  I have a Samsung TV and the remote synced fine when I first set up the service and worked for about 3 weeks.  Then for some reason the remote did not control tv volume or power.  

The on screen instructions promted me to re-pair the remote.  But instead, the remote light turned red and a message on the screen of the TV said that there was a pairing error.  

I have reset the STB, replaced the batteries, re-paired the remote, tried to manually setup my TV but it won't let me because the remote isn't paired, called tech support and followed every instruction on this site to repair but to no avail.

Tech support said that they would send me a new remote at no charge ... Three weeks later and nothing has come in the mail.  Not sure it would matter since there are many others that seem to be experiencing the same issue that I am having and it appears to be driven by a firmware upgrade on the STB to 6.9.  At what point will Verizon fix this issue?  While I like the service I am paying more for it than my previous service and I have had nothing but headaches with the original setup and now the remote issue.  Regrets for not considering Xfinity at this moment.

Got this for you to try from Support today:

1) Try to pair the other working remote on this STB [0000159390223180].
2) Pair the non-working [1C:54:9E:59:53:7D] remote to other working STB/IPC.
3) If Step 1 fails, then it is an STB [0000159390223180] issue.
4) If step 2 fails, then it could be a remote [1C:54:9E:59:53:7D] issue. 

Please try this and let me know if it works for you or what the outcome is.

Thanks.

jack121

I have found that when my remote starts acting up to immediately go to menu, dvr, configure&upgrade, recent deletes....then remove all from dvr. I Think you may be surprised if you are having the same issue's as I. I do this before it causes the box to crash. Until they figure it out, works for me. BTW my dvr is only 53% full.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes