Re: FiOS TV outage in upstate NY area?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@njhess wrote:

When you say reboot your router, what do you mean? Is this the FIOS cable cord to box, or the electrical wires to TV box, or are you talking about the main FIOS antenna box?

That is the router,  Go upto it and in the back there is an On/Off switch, or pull the power for 15 seconds, and turn it back on.  AFTER you do that - try the steps outlined for the in home agent,  They are MENU > CUSTOMER SUPPORT > IN HOME AGENT > SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECT.

It's been reported that it can be slow, so be patient,  one guy said he had to wait upto 8 minutes for it to work.   so like I Said be patient.   🙂    hope it works for you

ALSO if it doesn't work after rebooting the router, go back to the website www.verizon.com/repair and try the quick fix.

0 Likes
TommyRox
Enthusiast - Level 3

There will be a global refresh performed on all STBs but for now the you can perform the update from the STB - please note this could take up to an hour due to server traffic.

Solution from the STB

Press Menu >> Customer Support >> In Home Agent >> STB/DVR Auto Correct

Select all STBs by pressing 1 or the select the STB/DVR having the issue and then press Right Arrow button for NEXT then Right Arrow button again to start process.

****it will take up to 8 or so minutes to resolve and it will say "Loading" for some time - the circle icon will not spin

*** if you get an error when accessing STB/DVR Auto Correct - EXIT to live TV and repeat process above

0 Likes
Lucysperson

If there's an outage there's nothing you can do. We in upstate NY are suffering too. I really have had it with Verizon.

They don't seem to care especially on a Sunday. Oh well maybe they are doing us a favor. I got out today

@njhess wrote:

I am on my third try following the above procedure recommended by support. I have unplugged, reset, tried everything. How about providing us with information regarding the status of this outage? Otherwise I spend my Sunday fiddling with the t.v. when it is useless because the outage has not yet been resolved on Verizon's end. I am in the 717 area code in PA.

0 Likes
Lucysperson

I hear ya fella. We've been out since last night. I suppose I should be happy I have TV. All be it less channels than I'm paying for.

0 Likes
Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

Went down Friday night. Was told it'd be up and ready by noon Saturday, then by 8:00am Sunday, then by 8:00pm Sunday...

Reset my router and my STB from the in-home agent several times... Nada. Unplugged box... Nada. Auto-correct several times... Nada.

I understand these things happen, but it is completely inexcusable that this "known-problem" is mentioned no where on the website except in these forums.

0 Likes
charmel96

My service has been out since 3/24/12 approx 4pm, what kills me is also on 3/24/12 i received mail from Verizon informing me to expect a rate increase of  dollar per month for the privledge h=of having  DVR and HD service

Seriously this happens the same day i get this info, maybe its a sign not to increase my rates,maybe they need to decrease the rates a little

I did try calling and knew i would not get through to anyone, cant get through when there isn't an outage, but what i was hoping for was some pre recorded message saying what was going on. I have even checked the Message Center through the DVR looking for a message about whats going on but again nothing

0 Likes
ALBFlyer

Still have the same issue...our multi room DVR is working but none of the other boxes in the house work. I have tried to reset everything multiple times...tried the fix above just came up with an error message.

Customer service has been anything but helpful...would be nice if they would just talk to us!

0 Likes
sabrefan

One day prior to this widespread outage, I was informed by mail of an $$ increase on the monthly rental fee for each STB on my account.  A goodwill gesture on Verizon's part would be to repeal this future increase for all its customers.

On the lighter side of this issue ... I am embarrassed about my dependence on TV.   I shouldnt  be so upset about having to exclusively watch network TV for the 72 hours its been out.  Certainly not worth the time I invested waiting on hold...

0 Likes
rumdiaries

How long did the auto-correct STB/DVR take? I started the correction, and it went on and on for over 30 minutes, finally I stopped it because I thought it was idle, and it didn't correct anything. So, then I rebooted the router and tried to start it again and I get an errpr that says the data is not currently available...all while holding for customer service...over 40 minutes and no one! **bleep**

0 Likes
rumdiaries

How long did the auto-correct STB/DVR take? I started the correction, and it went on and on for over 30 minutes, finally I stopped it because I thought it was idle, and it didn't correct anything. So, then I rebooted the router and tried to start it again and I get an errpr that says the data is not currently available...all while holding for customer service...over 40 minutes and no one!

0 Likes