Re: FiOS TV outage in upstate NY area?
rumdiaries

How long did the auto-correct STB/DVR take? I started the correction, and it went on and on for over 30 minutes, finally I stopped it because I thought it was idle, and it didn't correct anything. So, then I rebooted the router and tried to start it again and I get an errpr that says the data is not currently available...all while holding for customer service...over 40 minutes and no one!

0 Likes
BfloMarty

Buffalo here, I feel like no hope on this . . . tried all things rtr reboot STB auto correct, hitting "B" button when on bad channel and more. Tried in all combinations. I am an electronics tech I beleive either main data base got corupted or something. Their is no cust. support as others here, hold times kill my phones battery. It just would be nice if VZ would give us some kind of info. I am going to be REALLY **bleep** if the Sabers-Caps game is not avalable !!! Just found a VZ "company spokesman" said that had a software glich and problem was resolved Fri evening all STB's need to be refreshed "most all cust. have been restored" this was @ 6:15pm today . . . From The Buffalo News . . . Guess my box was left out LoL GERRRRR

0 Likes
Lucysperson

Do the "live chat" and ask for a reload and make sure they do all your boxes. It takes less than 10 minutes

0 Likes
BfloMarty

Lucy . . . Thay could not get to my STB tonight I think the servers cannot keep up, I just talked to a VZ tech (after 1.5 hr hold) and he said all boxes will be updated @ 9pm tonight LoL . . . we did have a good laugh about what their "spokesman" said to the media that most people were back up this AM lol . . .

0 Likes
Lucysperson

I heard that too. A global refresh.Who knew?

Does anyone know why this happened?

0 Likes
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bad things happen. But the total lack of help or information from Verizon is very telling. Perhaps they need to get out of the TV business since they don't have a clue about how to deal with their customer base.

0 Likes