FiOS and TiVo - No signal
No_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched a few months ago to TiVo equipment because the rental costs from Verizon were too high and the storage on the DVR was too low.  Got the cable card from Verizon and was able to get TiVo up and running quickly without problems (Of course, it took me three tries to get all  the Verizon equipment returned, even though I made clear on the first call that I was returning all equipment). 

Suddenly, this week all the channelsk save two went out.  No problem getting the schedule, that comes through TiVo and the FiOs internet connect.  There is no cable signal apparently, though Verizon says otherwise. Using the signal strength meter on TiVo, I see that I'm getting signal on 604 (Bloomberg) and 780 (Disney?), but nothing else.  I'm on my second cable card and still the problem persists.  I don't think the issue is with the TiVo equipment.  I've powered down, removed the card, all that stuff. Nothing. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS and TiVo - No signal
No_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I did figure it out.  Had I known what the ONT was, I would have opened it up and discovered the Verizon line was bad. I did verify within the house that the lack of signal strength was not on my lines, but the ONT would have made that clear.

I called Verizon and they sent someone out. The technician, super goy, found the line I was on had a low signal. He swapped lines, increasing signal and making the problem go away.

I strongly recommend going with TiVo, just make sure you get the best deal on the DVR unit and lifetime service from TiVo.  Minis are probably cheaper through Amazon, than direct from TiVo.  Verizon TV, phone, and internet is awesome, but the equipment rentals for TV suck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
agangopa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am thinking of switching my DVR service to TIVO and wondering if you were able to find a solution to your problem.

Thanks.

No_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I did figure it out.  Had I known what the ONT was, I would have opened it up and discovered the Verizon line was bad. I did verify within the house that the lack of signal strength was not on my lines, but the ONT would have made that clear.

I called Verizon and they sent someone out. The technician, super goy, found the line I was on had a low signal. He swapped lines, increasing signal and making the problem go away.

I strongly recommend going with TiVo, just make sure you get the best deal on the DVR unit and lifetime service from TiVo.  Minis are probably cheaper through Amazon, than direct from TiVo.  Verizon TV, phone, and internet is awesome, but the equipment rentals for TV suck.

0 Likes
agangopa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Very much appreciate your feedback. 

I am also having trouble with Verizon getting cable card and returning the equipment.  Please see here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/Question-about-Fios-Quantum-DVR-service/td...

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks again.

0 Likes