FiOS mobile app roku
Apple221
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will the FiOS mobile app ever be configured to work with a roku device or anything other than Androids and iOS? So that I can stream they my TV

Re: FiOS mobile app roku
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have no incentive to make it to work with Roku as it means you could drop their STB not even paying for a Cablecard.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated, no.

But you can use the channel apps of a large number of the channels and stream them using Verizon login.

ICB1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

The incentive is that Comcast now has an app in Roku!! Keep up with the competition!!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they do. But I believe there is a fee to use it.

macputo
Enthusiast - Level 1

there is no fee and there is no limit to how many you connect. The only constraint is that it must be connected to an XFINITY internet connection.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs

According to xfinity FAQ, there is no charge during beta phase.

Once beta phase is over, there will be a charge.

macputo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Defending the fact that Verizon does not have an app for the Roku because it means loss of revenue is totaly missing the fact that Verizon is losing customers (hello...) to Comcast who does. 

To say that Comcast will at some point charge for this app is based on what, Verizon business policies? Even then, the benefit to all of us who use a device to manage access to a multitude of other services, to include access to our cable services, will in my opinion always pay for itself. AND, does anyone else have issues with cable service to our rooms that were built for the old cable service? Doesn't WIFI access make much more sense?

Come on!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Xfinity charge is based on FAQ that says no charge during beta. But will be later.

Verizon has 1/5 of the customers of xfinity. There is a cost to develop and support an app.  More customers makes it more cost effective to support.

Verizon just spent a ton of money on developing new WiFi based stb for new IP based TV service. For some reason it was shelved. Just shows how hard it is to develop and launch a product.

jonjones1
Legend

Actually WiFi does not make better sense. It is slower that direct connect. And just because an app is provided by one company (Comcast) versus Verizon Fios means nothing. People are just not going to jump from Verizon because of a Roku app. 

They are going to bring teasers to customers to attract business and most will see that because of a gimmicks the companies will lose customers based on prices rising and not because of a app.

0 Likes