Re: FiOS mobile app roku
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjoneswrote:

Actually WiFi does not make better sense. It is slower that direct connect. And just because an app is provided by one company (Comcast) versus Verizon Fios means nothing. People are just not going to jump from Verizon because of a Roku app. 

They are going to bring teasers to customers to attract business and most will see that because of a gimmicks the companies will lose customers based on prices rising and not because of a app.

The wifi option was just part of the IPTV service Verizon was planning.  I suspect they spent  quite a bundle on the plan before they suddenly decided to cancel it.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I suspect you are correct 😀

0 Likes
Riverview2

This is why we want a FIOS app on ROKU: We are a 2 TV household. When we had Spectrum, we connected our newer smart flatscreen to the DVR and our not smart flatscreen directly to a CATV cable. Then Spectrum stopped the CATV cable direct feeds and required that we get a box (free the first year). But the Spectrum app was available on ROKU. It took three trips to Walmart to buy a ROKU stick because everyone else in our area wanted one too instead of the box. We switched to FIOS and want the same convenience of being able to log into our FIOS account on a ROKU app so we can watch cable shows on our not smart TV. Verizon FIOS is the one who's losing out here because we stream network shows through Hulu on our older TV so FIOS is losing customer "views." 

0 Likes
Pjryb90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why not compete with the competion though is my question?

0 Likes
Pjrip

If needed can't Fios just charge a fee to use a Fios Tv Roku app?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they could. But the reason people want an app like roku is so they don't have to pay for stb. It costs money to develop and maintain an app.  It becomes a tradeoff to charge enough to cover all those costs but still be low enough for people to chose app vs stb.

Pjryb90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can’t charge half the price of a regular stb rental fee if needed?

0 Likes
Randywilliams23

What channel apps can you use Verizon Login for on Roku?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty much anyone you are subscribed to.

I haven't found one yet that I can't log in to.

Pjrip

Still not developing a Roku app to compete with the competition correct?

0 Likes