Fios App Airplay
NJ_Fios_User1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every time I try to use airplay aka screen mirroring from my ipad. I get this error.  I don't understand because I am trying to watch Live. Can someone please clarify this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios App Airplay
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NJ_Fios_User1 wrote:

Every time I try to use airplay aka screen mirroring from my ipad. I get this error.  I don't understand because I am trying to watch Live. Can someone please clarify this?

There are a lot of content providers that wont allow rebroadcast of their content, and screen mirroring is considered rebroadcast by many of them. That is what you may have run into.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NJ_Fios_User1 wrote:

There are a lot of content providers that wont allow rebroadcast of their content, and screen mirroring is considered rebroadcast by many of them. That is what you may have run into.

Maze2

That may well be, however, device (IPad) with lightning adapter and HDMI cable mirrored and streamed fine until I recently upgraded DVR and set top boxes to Fios TV One system.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Maze wrote:

That may well be, however, device (IPad) with lightning adapter and HDMI cable mirrored and streamed fine until I recently upgraded DVR and set top boxes to Fios TV One system.

Fios may have a different agreement with their providers than your previous cable company did.

0 Likes