Fios Box Not that Responsive changing channels or viewing the guide.
Howie411
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got Fios Installed 2 weeks ago, I have 1 Whole House DVR box and 2 regular HD Digital boxes (Cisco C335HDC).  I notice that sometimes when hitting the guide or even just browing through the guide it is very slow.  

Oddly enough I was at my friends house the other day and he has FIOS (using some big silver box) and it was much faster and smoother switching channels/browsing the guide then me.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Box Not that Responsive changing channels or viewing the guide.
xfactor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen people change the SD override setting to the off position, which allows the tv to manage some of the video settings instead of the receiver, and that seemed to help them. 

you can give that a try and let us know if it helps. 

menu>settings>video settings>SD override  -  preference is off, but 480i usually has good results.  

Also there is a set top box auto correct that might help, and you can find that at menu > customer support > in home agent > stb auto correct or set top box auto correct 

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Howie411 wrote:

Just got Fios Installed 2 weeks ago, I have 1 Whole House DVR box and 2 regular HD Digital boxes (Cisco C335HDC).  I notice that sometimes when hitting the guide or even just browing through the guide it is very slow.  

Oddly enough I was at my friends house the other day and he has FIOS (using some big silver box) and it was much faster and smoother switching channels/browsing the guide then me.

Any ideas?

Hello,

On the set top boxes that appear to be laggy, try the following from your FiOS TV Remote:

Menu -- Customer Support -- Fix FiOS TV Issues -- click OK.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
johnmcd3
Issue for me was IR interance in the room. The vrz tech used black tape to reduce the size of the IR eye on the box to a little less then an inch sqr and now it works like all the other boxes. Only issue you have to be a little more directional with the remote towards the box.
0 Likes