Fios Cable Box Keeps Skipping
annoyed423

When watching HD channels the cable will skip/stutter intermittently for a few seconds at a time. This happens on more than 1 channel and more than 1 cable box. Been with verizon for years but I am sick of paying $200+ for crappy service. When I googled this it seems like it's been a problem people have been experiencing for years. Any suggestions that actually work? Already tightened the cords, reset each box, and changed the video settings. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Cable Box Keeps Skipping
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@annoyed423 wrote:

When watching HD channels the cable will skip/stutter intermittently for a few seconds at a time. This happens on more than 1 channel and more than 1 cable box. Been with verizon for years but I am sick of paying $200+ for crappy service. When I googled this it seems like it's been a problem people have been experiencing for years. Any suggestions that actually work? Already tightened the cords, reset each box, and changed the video settings. 

Could also be a bad splitter or ONT. I'd replace the splitter first with a MoCa 2.0 approved one and see if that helps. If not give Verizon tech a shout at Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

0 Likes