Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Fios Cable Box Keeps Skipping

annoyed423
Contributor
Contributor

Fios Cable Box Keeps Skipping

Message 1 of 2
(183 Views)

When watching HD channels the cable will skip/stutter intermittently for a few seconds at a time. This happens on more than 1 channel and more than 1 cable box. Been with verizon for years but I am sick of paying $200+ for crappy service. When I googled this it seems like it's been a problem people have been experiencing for years. Any suggestions that actually work? Already tightened the cords, reset each box, and changed the video settings. 

1 REPLY 1
clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Fios Cable Box Keeps Skipping

Message 2 of 2
(175 Views)

@annoyed423 wrote:

When watching HD channels the cable will skip/stutter intermittently for a few seconds at a time. This happens on more than 1 channel and more than 1 cable box. Been with verizon for years but I am sick of paying $200+ for crappy service. When I googled this it seems like it's been a problem people have been experiencing for years. Any suggestions that actually work? Already tightened the cords, reset each box, and changed the video settings. 

Could also be a bad splitter or ONT. I'd replace the splitter first with a MoCa 2.0 approved one and see if that helps. If not give Verizon tech a shout at Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.