Fios DVR Box - problems
shkeys

Anyone else having problems with their DVR?

I have been trying to record a series (College Football Live, etc) and nothing gets recorded.  Please reply if you are having the same problems or a solutions.

Also having problems changing the channel.  I'm constantly having the hit the up or down channel button twice before it changes the channel.

Thanks.

Message Edited by shkeys on 08-06-2008 04:52 PM
0 Likes
Re: Fios DVR Box - problems
Paul
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
shkeys

I've tried doing this a couple of times and still unsuccessful. I'm thinking about returning the box and remote.  The remote buttons not working is a pain in the you know what.

0 Likes
Reevesgal

I have been trying to tape back to back episodes of House of Payne and there is a problem with the timing of each episode.  The programs do not start and end at exactly the same time.  I end up with 1 - 2 minutes of the end of each episode missing.  How frustrating!  I tried to add 5 minutes to the end of each but, the DVR will then skip the next episode and tape the next one.  For example:  I'll get the 8 - 8:30 episode, skip the 8:30 - 9 episode, and then get the 9 - 9:30 episode.

I can not figure out what to do.

0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

If you don't have HD capability, you might want to check if the show you're recording is the HD channel broadcast.  I was having a problem with the DVR saying it was recording a show, but when I tried to view it, all I got was a grey screen.  With further checking, I found that for some reason, when I set up the series record, it picked the HD channel instead of the standard.  Modified the channel # and solved the problem.

Don't know if that's what's happening to you, but it's worth a check.

0 Likes
mooster105
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am having nothing but problems with the Fios tv. The DVR is nothing like cablevisions. It does not record clear and the picture freezes while the voice continues and then eventually the picture will jump and catch up. It sucks because when you are taping a football game, you miss the good play but can hear it. I have had the techs out here and really feel that they do not know what they are doing. It is too new in this area and they don't have enough experience. the phones echo, the cable is slow and then they run this speak easy test and it shows how fast it is. Is anyone else out there getting frustrated?  Has anyone been able to fix the issues? 
0 Likes
generet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a new FIOS HDTV subscriber and also have experienced slow response froim the remote. You must often enter 2 or 3 times to a frozen sceeen then it catches up with 2/3 instant screen changrs. Also, as a former Cablevision customer, I'm not happy with the functionality of the Guide and Search. From guide or search you are unable to sert a "reminder". You need this function despite the fact that you have a DVR. Also, from the Search function you can only record to DVR future programming. You can't select that channel for viewing from the Search function even if the programming will begin in 5 minutes. You also can''t see programming that may have begun 5 minutes ago as this programming is listed - maybe I'm OK with joining a show 5 minutes late. You can only perform these functions from the guide, which has no sort capability so choosing from your favorite categoies or topics is impossible from the Guide.

Am I tilting at windmills here or do you others agree with these observations?

0 Likes