Fios DVR, VOD no longer working
nickrt80

When I try to do VOD it says error VOD_147..  I did a self test and it replies back Gateway failed.  It's strange because it get's an IP from my DHCP server, i can ping the box, it still gets guide information.  What else can I check?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios DVR, VOD no longer working
calF2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check your IP range.

I just discovered that currently VOD does not work if I was not in the 192.168.1.1 range.

I was 172.16.1.1 when I was getting the error.

Changed to the default, rebooted my STBs and now VOD is working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

So you mention its gets a DHCP from my server.  What is your server you are referring to?

0 Likes
nickrt80

My router which runs my DHCP server..   I won't go into too many details, but here are the basics.

I have a Cisco Router -> Cisco L3 Switch -> NIM-100 -> Cable Box

I am fully able to connect to the cable box as well, it just fails on VOD.  It always worked until recently.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

So, you have no Verizon router in the picture?  My first troubleshooting step would be take any personal gear out of the picture and go with just the STB and Verizon router setup to see if it worked (even if I had to move the STB and TV to another location temporarily)... if it doesn't, then it's clearly a Verizon issue which needs to be addressed vs something wrong with the setup you had in place.

0 Likes
nickrt80

grr ok.  it's just a bummer because everything has been working great for over a year.  i will have to find out where my actiontec even is 🙂

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm just saying because you know that's the first thing Verizon will say if you call tech support with an issue... if you can't reproduce it on their supported configuration, all bets are off.

My thoughts are that they may either be using a UPnP or other capability from the router to figure out how to talk to your STB or may be expecting certain packet priority to be set (they are pushing attributes in the DHCP settings from the ActionTec).

I do know there are several complaints about this error message in regards to the most recent firmware upgrade on the STB's, so it could be something related to that ... but again, Verizon won't even start to look at it until you replicate it using their setup.

0 Likes
calF2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check your IP range.

I just discovered that currently VOD does not work if I was not in the 192.168.1.1 range.

I was 172.16.1.1 when I was getting the error.

Changed to the default, rebooted my STBs and now VOD is working.

0 Likes
nickrt80

crazy!!!  so with your advice i changed my DHCP scope to serve 192.168.1.0/24 ip's to my STB's and now VOD works perfectly.  I don't know what kinda silly security that is.

0 Likes
nickrt80

CalF, when you do a self diagnostic on your STB, does it say Gateway failed?  mine still says that, but VOD works perfect again.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I don't think defining the STB to the 192.168.1.x is security.  The STBs and the Actiontec router work together to provide QOS and allow inbound STB configurations from the Internet.  Just the way it was designed.

0 Likes