Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Fios DVR not working

Gintan
Contributor
Contributor

Fios DVR not working

Message 1 of 6
(5,680 Views)

It used to work, then we got a new TV and reconnected the box (the same way as it was before, I believe). It used to work fine, now it doesn't work at all. I cannot use the pause/play/fastforward, record shows or set recordings. All that happens when I click one of those buttons on the remote is a green light blinking in the bottom right corner of the box's display, if that helps at all. If any more information is needed let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
tsauter
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Fios DVR not working

Message 2 of 6
(5,673 Views)

What cables are you using to connect the box to the TV? Have you reset the box? Unplug the power from the box and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then plug it back it and let the box initialize.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
Gintan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(5,670 Views)

The FiOS TV In, HDMI, and power cables are in. Just realized we did do one thing differently this time: the HDMI cable is connected to a receiver instead of the TV itself, would that normally pose a problem?

Edit: Yes I've reset the box several times.

tsauter
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 4 of 6
(5,663 Views)

It can with the HDMI cabling. There is a problem with the HDMI handshake and from what i have seen in other threads, it is exagerrated when you hook up a reciever. Have you tried hooking up straight to the TV? that will let you eliminate the reciever as the source of the issue. If the reciever is the issue, you will ahve to run video to the TV and adio to the reciever.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
Gintan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(5,637 Views)

Hooked it up to the TV, still the same problem.

tsauter
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 6 of 6
(5,593 Views)

Have you called reset the router and then the box, called Fios Support? It is possible that the box died on you and you need a new one.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title