Fios - HDMI - from FIOX DSTB to AV Receiver to Samsung 55" won't work.
kels

My digital settop box will only work with component cabling and optical cable to my Denon AV.  From there I go with HDM to the TV.  To make the switch to all HDMI from the box to the AV to the TV does there need to be a adjustment to the Verizon box?  Or does it sense which out put is being used?

Or might the problem be that I need to tell the Denon AV where it should receive it's tv signal?

Or both?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Fios - HDMI - from FIOX DSTB to AV Receiver to Samsung 55" won't work.
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3
Likely the latter.
0 Likes
kels
Capn,  thanks for the speedy reply.  I can handle assinging the AV but does anyone know how to tell the Verizon box which output to use?  I would think it would be smart enough to sense but maybe not?
0 Likes
rayman
kels, HDMI port is always on like coax and component/composite... if TV has multiple HDMI ports, try another on the TV. then change the input on TV to correct HDMI port. it is possible to have a bad HDMI port on the set top box. another thing o check is your HDMI cable on another HDMI product such as blu-ray player.
0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@kels wrote:
Capn,  thanks for the speedy reply.  I can handle assinging the AV but does anyone know how to tell the Verizon box which output to use?  I would think it would be smart enough to sense but maybe not?

The STB's HDMI output is always active.  There is nothing to turn on.  You may need to assign the HDMI input on your Denon receiver to the selected input.

0 Likes
kels

Ray,  It's my A/V that isn't recognizing the HDMI from the STB.  I've heard that there's a compatibility problem with some Samsungs but not sure yet if that's the case.  I want to try to assign the A/V to the HDMI (vice versa actually) and see if that's it.  I have read up and found that the STB doesn't do 1080p currently anyway so nothing is lost but they now or soon offer a STB that will if it's broadcase in 1080p.

0 Likes