Fios Installation with Structured Wiring in NY Apartment
Frameless

I am considering making the switch to Fios but have a few questions related to installation. 

My building is set up with Fios such that the ONT's are required to be installed in each apartment. Within my apartment I have structured wiring where my phone, internet and TV all terminate at a single point and all within a panel. Thus the distribution to the jacks (COAX, Cat5, Phone) all begin at the panel. Additionally, there is a router and switch within the panel. Power is also available at the structured wiring panel.

My question is, when the Fiber cable is brought into the apartment, can it be run to the structured wiring panel location? The ONT can be placed within the panel and power can be supplied.

Secondly, will the installer be able to hide the Fiber cable either in the baseboard or within the crown molding. Ideally I would like to hide the cable within the walls as with the existing wiring, ie, COAX, CAT5, Phone

0 Likes
Re: Fios Installation with Structured Wiring in NY Apartment
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for your interest in FIOS. Each apartments layout and entry point of fiber determines what can and can't be done. This question can only be answered by the installation tech before he does the installation.

0 Likes