Fios Mobil Error on Kindle Fire
lorenzoj

I keep trying to access FIOS Mobile on my Kindle Fire but keep getting the Error HTTP_500. I have reinstalled the Fios Mobile app but get the same results. Netflix etc work fine on my Kindle. I only have tv and internet from Verizon, no phone service.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobil Error on Kindle Fire
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use the in app help reporting to issue a trouble ticket for support.

0 Likes
lorenzoj

Since I can't start the app I'm not sure how to access "in app help". At the sign in screen for FIOS Mobile all I get is "Network Error, plase try again later. Error Code: HTTP_500" , and that's as far as I get. No trouble with other streaming services

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, didn't realize it was a startup error.

haven't heard of this issue before.

what model kindle do you have?

0 Likes
lorenzoj

Searching a bit turns up other people also complaining that Fios Mobile has stopped working on their previous generation Fires. Appears Amazon has no intention of fixing. Netflix movies work fine on my Kindle, no reason Fios Tv shouldn't also

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is from amazon store:

* Please Note: Fios Mobile is only compatible with Kindle Gen 3 or later devices running software version 4.5.5.2 or later.

Its not uncommon that app providers quit supporting older software.

Their app is more complex (IMHO) in that you can not only stream videos, but it can connect to Quantum DVR and stream data from it.

As well as act a remote and talk to STBs.

0 Likes
Fios Mobile App not working on my Kindle Fire HD
mehaffeyjd

I recieve a error 500 message when trying to start the Fios Mobile App on my Kindle Fire HD. Does the app work on my device?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile App not working on my Kindle Fire HD
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

See my previous post. What version software are you running?

0 Likes
coverby
Enthusiast - Level 1

My kindle is generation5 - 5.4.0.1  I am not able to play my DVR content

even though it shows in the FIOS mobile app (uninstalled and re-installed several

times).  It will play TV  however,  it says the FIOS QUANTUM set top box is not associated.  My Kindle shows  up in devices on the set top box.  FIOS techs have upgraded my equipment and it still won't work.  BTW all functions work on my very old mobile phone( LG G2).  The reporting of the trouble function does not even work on the FIOS mobile app on Kindle.  I am very frustrated does anyone know the fix to this problem.  I plan to call the business office to try for compensation, but I'd really just want it to work as it used to.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you get an error message when you try and report error via app?

Try reaching out to support on Twitter @verizonsupport