Re: Fios Mobile App Not Working After iOS 11 Upgrade
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out re-setting network connections did not fix the Fios App issue with the iPad. Still crashing almost immediately after opening the app. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you uninstall and reinstall all mobile devices from the Set-Top box? 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS App on iPad
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would update iPad to latest running iOS system. Along with what Verizon suggested you still have to remove mobile devices ALL First important. When the system comes back up then install the or add (same thing) your mobile devices. Hope this works for you I know how frustrated I was when my devices crashed. Mine only worked with WiFi off. 

0 Likes
itstom419
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there instructions for this?

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

No which I felt to be an issue and informed FIOS they need to have it in a troubleshoot book and sent to all customers. I called in and I was directed step-by-step. I just remembered most of it. Try calling FIOS and tell them you need assistance removing and re-adding your devices and resetting the DVR box to accommodate the new iOS update. 

0 Likes
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Folks, either we're on different wavelengths or I need some basic training; don't understand the talk of 'set top boxes,' by which I assume is meant the Verizon box for cable TV (?).

The iPad works wirelessly over my router-enabled WiFi; how does the set top box come into play? And as I type this I'm at my Dad's who has another service provider, and the mobile app works correctly to allow TV streaming.

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too thought the same thing and kept readjusting my router only to find out it has absolutely nothing to do with the router. It’s the Set Top box that needs to be reset. I too was shocked but after following all of the instructions it worked. Your iPad will work other places mine did too just not at home. If you are having the same issues I had,  this is the only resolve. I did list a few instructions on what I did at the very beginning of my post. You may just have to call a tech.

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the MAIN Set Top box in your home is the Dvr box. 

0 Likes
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, got it; thx much.

0 Likes
TomD86
Enthusiast - Level 2

You said "the service tech had to uninstall all of my mobile devices from the set top box and reload them...", is this something different from the deactivate/activate option that is in settings?...is this something only a tech can do?

I tried all that was suggested and nothing is helping.

PS: my ipad is older and still on 9.3.5, it also worked fine up until about 3-4 weeks ago (might be coincidence that IOS 11 came out around the same time?) and since then is seeing the same symptoms, streams for about 30 seconds, stops and then the same error about connecting to network/retry.

Thanks for any and all assistance...

0 Likes