Re: Fios Mobile App Not Working After iOS 11 Upgrade
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just checked...using:

iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5.....FiOS Mobile Ver 5.9

Presently watching CNN News

Checked out all parts of app they are all working.

0 Likes
wb41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had pretty much the exact same experience.  About the end of September, using Fios Mobile has become impossible on my iPad 2.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled, logged out, logged in, reset the STB, reset the router.  Same issues...it will play for about 10 seconds, and then goes to the "network error" alert and not able to watch anything, either live or DVR.  And this is sitting 5 feet from the router, so signal strength is not the culprit.  

0 Likes
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

FIOS mobile app still freezing on the iPad. Spent hour (+) w/Verizon Wireless rep who had me fool with the router, re-set network connections, etc; finally passed me to a FIOS rep who said I had too many connected devices, needed to increase my network speed from 50 to 75 megs. I mentioned to him the 'set top box' that several of you said was re-set to solve the issue, and the rep said that had nothing to do with the FIOS mobile app and WiFi connectivity. So I turned off the bluetooth on all devices so that the only draw on the system was the iPad; no help - FIOS mobile app still freezing seconds after starting a TV show or movie.

He passed me to a sales rep who said, sure, we can amp up your speed - at double the price I'm paying now. No thank you, Verizon; I'll live with the disabled FIOS service. That said, however, if Inquiring-Mind or someone else can walk me thru the 'uninstall/reinstall devices from the Set Top Box,' would be willing to try it.

Have to wonder if anyone from Verizon monitors these chat rooms to determine if there's an enterprise problem they might want to address.

0 Likes
Buddman22

I think it’s premature to consider this issue solved.  As far as I can tell, Verizon has yet to acknowledge this issue or provide anything comprehensive to their customers regarding how to proactively address this, let alone fix it once it’s happened.  If they are investing as much into their data science community as Comcast, then someone should be mining these comments for poor customer experience sentiment and share the info accordingly.

0 Likes
BH142

Same issue, plays for ten seconds and then freezes. Worked fine in the past.

I have an iPad2, which is dated but still works fine. The internet speed test however only gets 50megabits and my phone gets 150 for 5ghz. Switching to 2.4 gets me 35 and phone is 50. Even if it's not ideal, that should be enough. Note, the streaming works fine on the phone.

Anyway, I hope a solution comes soon.

0 Likes
Brewman99

I followed the instructions for removing my ipad as a device on the STB and logged into the Mobile Fios app and it now works. However, my ipad is not listed as an active device but the app works!

0 Likes
Coach420

How do you make these changes to the set top box?

0 Likes
stampman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My app has been unstable for several months now.  The app just cannot see any set top boxes.  Verizon fixed it once by resetting something, I forget what but the problem came back a week or so later.  I was able to fix it myself by unauthorizing my iphone.  But it came back a few days later.  Since you can only authorize/unauthorize 2 times I had to find something else.  My set top boxes do not have a add/remove devices option, probably because none of them are DVR's.  I renamed the kitchen set top box now the app is working again.  Not sure how long that will last.

0 Likes
violet_chameleo

I'm having the same problem.  It worked yestereday but now it says that the FIOS app is no longer available.  After restarting my phone and trying3x I hit delete by mistake and NOW ITS GONE! 

0 Likes
violet_chameleo

I deleted the app then reloaded it and it worked OK

0 Likes