Fios Mobile Change Aspect Ratio ??
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Tab S 10.1" Tablet.  When I use FIOS Mobile to view live TV the picture fills the screen completely throwing off the aspect ratio.  Since this video is streaming I assume the aspect ratio is controlled by FIOS and thus would like to know if there is any way to insure that the aspect ratio is always correct for the content and not stretched to fill the screen.  Are there any controls or options I'm missing?..anyone else notice this?

Ursa

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile Change Aspect Ratio ??
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ursa99 wrote:

I have a Samsung Tab S 10.1" Tablet.  When I use FIOS Mobile to view live TV the picture fills the screen completely throwing off the aspect ratio.  Since this video is streaming I assume the aspect ratio is controlled by FIOS and thus would like to know if there is any way to insure that the aspect ratio is always correct for the content and not stretched to fill the screen.  Are there any controls or options I'm missing?..anyone else notice this?

Ursa

I just checked a number (both the "SD" version below channel 500 and the "HD" versions over channel 500) and I'm not seeing an aspect ratio issue when viewing in non-full screen mode, although I do when viewing in the smaller window that shows channel numbers and menu items.  I'm presuming this is the problem you're describing.

I will inquire to the app team about what we're seeing.

0 Likes
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

The aspect ratio issue rears it's head in full screen mode.  It stretches the picture to fill the screen.  My screen is a bit taller than 1920 x 1080 hence I see stretched faces and bodies etc. Any solutions is much appreciated.

Ursa

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Please provide a specific channel number where this is happening.  Apparently each channel has a profile set that is supposed to scale properly and some may not be set correctly.

0 Likes
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happens on all the channels I've tried.  Here are a few:

570, 618, 735, 746.

This is on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1" Android tablet.   Movies that I've uploaded directly to the tablet play just fine...

Thanks for any help in solving this.

Ursa

0 Likes
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to be clear this is in full screen mode...

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ursa99 wrote:

Just to be clear this is in full screen mode...

I understand.  The development team just got back to me and they're looking into it.  I'll post back when I hear anything of interest.

0 Likes
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much for carrying the message to those who can help.  I really appreciate it.

Ursa

0 Likes
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

FWIW, My wifes Kindle Fire HDX also stretches the picture to fill the screen...

0 Likes
ursa99
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears this issue is FIXED with the latest FIOS Mobile update.

Thank you,

Ursa

0 Likes