Fios Mobile app for Windows 10??
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

Does Verizon have any plans to release the Fios mobile app for Windows 10?  I just bought a Surface Pro 4 and would love to be able to use the Fios mobile app on it.  I have tried using Android emulators and have only found one (amiDuos) that partially works.  It opens the app, but only streams from "the Cloud" and will not connect to my media server, so I don't have access to all of my channels or DVR.  Windows 10 has an install baase of 400 millions devices.  How can Verizon not make an app for it?  If anybody from Verizon reads these things, please run the suggestion for a Windows 10 app up the flagpole.

If anybody says that I should just use the Watch Fios section of the Verizon website, they will be slapped.  That site barely works and the selection of channels is terrible.  And going to every channels website or app is not an option.  My real goal is to be able to watch the Mets on SNY on my Surface Pro 4.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile app for Windows 10??
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

I have not heard any mention of Windows support for Fios app (not even the phones).

I beleive that app is designed for mobile devices (mainly androind and apple).

Windows falls into that category of desktop and mobile support.

There has never been a desktop app.

0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

There needs to be a Windows 10 app for laptop/desktop/phone/Xbox, etc.  Microsoft has made this super simple for developers.  You drop in your Android app, and it spits out a Windows Universal App which will run on any Windows 10 device, be it a Surface tablet, laptop, desktop, phone or Xbox.  

It was a real bummer when Verizon killed the Fios Xbox 360 app.  That was what I used on the 2 times a year I watch TV on a basement television.  I refuse to pay another $12/month to put an STB for a tv that gets used so infrequently.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does any other provider have a Windows 10 app?

It might be that carriage contracts do not allow it to be viewed on a desktop only mobile.

0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

If they don't have an app, they at least have a website that is comparable to their apps.

Carriage contracts are nonsense.  A screen is a screen.  Why should it matter how I choose to watch the content I rightfully pay for?

0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

Well, I didn't get a Fios Mobile Windows 10 app for Christmas.  Still ridiculous that I need a junk iOS or Android device to watch my service on.

0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

Can Verizon just come out and say this is never going to happen so we don't get our hopes up?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you been around Verizon for awhile you will find they never discuss futures until they are in launch mode.

However search for running android apps on windows. 

0 Likes
KarlHungus53
Contributor - Level 1

I've tried all of the Android emulator and none of work completely, just "Stream from Cloud."

0 Likes
ADSNELLC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, There is a mobile app on Windows 10 store for Fios but it only works with phones with 3gb memory or more. You also have to sign to your account. If you don't have the memory your app will hang. This particularly applies to Win 10 users. It is a hosted web app to Fios's main web site. Fios never paid for the app, the developer just made it for free to view video vecause the developer is a fios subscriber.

0 Likes