Fios - Multi-Output Reciever - Running 2 TVs with a single receiver
jsbruns

Greetings-

I'm trying to find out whether or not the following setup is possible using the typical Verizon fios equipment. I'm a Dish customer and have been looking at switching over to Verizon Fios. One of the things I enjoy with Dish is that I can use a single HD DVR Receiver and hook it up to 2-3 TVs, 1 HD and 1-2 SD.

The Receiver has 3 outputs:

- Output 1: HD via Component or DVI with optional RGB outputs for SD programming

- Output 2: SD via RGB or S-Video

- Output 3: COAX only (programming is a simulcast of Output 2, what ever is on Output 2 will be seen over Output 3 COAX)

I currently have 3 TVs in my house, all of which are run off a single receiver. Output 1 is running to my HD TV, Output 2 is running to my SD TV on the floor above and I run a COAX cable to my kitchen so my wife/kids can watch what they want during breakfast.

One of the things that's been holding me from moving to FIOS is the cost associated with each receiver. From what I can tell, it doesn't appear that Verizon offers any multi-output receivers. Before I settle for that answer I wanted to pose the question to the discussions boards.

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: Fios - Multi-Output Reciever - Running 2 TVs with a single receiver
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

All ouputs on the cable box are active

HDMI, Component, Composite and SVideo.  I currently use hdmi to my den, Component to my bedroom and take the composite and modulate it onto coax 92 for the rest of the tv's in the house.

BUT, they all output the same program, they are not independant.

0 Likes