Re: Fios One - Onkyo 525 issue
nicely2x1
Enthusiast - Level 2
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's one that just might work, look at edited previous reply for a couple more ideas. If you get the converter, you can always send it back if it doesn't help.

nicely2x1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you sure it's just 1.4a? 

Or am I just confusing hdmi with HDCP?

It's HDCP version 2.2

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nicely2x wrote:

Are you sure it's just 1.4a? 

Or am I just confusing hdmi with HDCP?

It's HDCP version 2.2

No, it's me that got confused. You're right, its HDMI1.4a, but HDCP 2.2 which is all you need. Sorry about that. Still think the solution is buried somewhere in the receiver or TV settings.

nicely2x1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm pretty sure it's the Fios One.  When I unplug it from the Onkyo, the receiver switches beautifully from one input to the next.  The same was true for when I had a Spectrum box.  

So, I'll wait a bit to see if you can come up with another thing to try. Of course, I'll do the same. I've been doing tech support a very long time and usually find a solution, even if it's inelegant.  Even so, the last resort is asking for a new box to see what happens.

Next question to ponder.  Why is the Wi-Fi coverage of the G3100 so awful?????????????????

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nicely2x wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's the Fios One.  When I unplug it from the Onkyo, the receiver switches beautifully from one input to the next.  The same was true for when I had a Spectrum box.  

So, I'll wait a bit to see if you can come up with another thing to try. Of course, I'll do the same. I've been doing tech support a very long time and usually find a solution, even if it's inelegant.  Even so, the last resort is asking for a new box to see what happens.

Next question to ponder.  Why is the Wi-Fi coverage of the G3100 so awful?????????????????

I believe the Fios One is really sensitive to loosing its connection to an input. It searches for the EDID of the connected device and when it changes it scans for available resolutions. Maybe that is what is causing the issue. Could be the box you linked to might provide a buffer between the Fios One and your receiver. I had a Denon receiver and had no issues like you are having with my Fios One box. The only other thing I can think of would be to change the output of the Fios one to PCM, which you have to do in the service menu. As far as the G3100 goes, it is supposed to be better for range than the 1100 it replaced. Maybe you need to do a scan of available channels using something like the Netgear scanner app to find the least populated channels and manually set the G3100 to those.

nicely2x1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure you realize, there are more than a handful of strings detailing a multitude of issues. A separate string offered the PCM fix and it didn't help. I'll see if it works for me.

As to the Wi_Fi.  I've tried EVERYTHING and given up. The router is a very poorly engineered product.  I'm considering going with a MoCA adapter to use my old ASUS that never had a broadcasting strength issue. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nicely2x wrote:

I'm sure you realize, there are more than a handful of strings detailing a multitude of issues. A separate string offered the PCM fix and it didn't help. I'll see if it works for me.

As to the Wi_Fi.  I've tried EVERYTHING and given up. The router is a very poorly engineered product.  I'm considering going with a MoCA adapter to use my old ASUS that never had a broadcasting strength issue. 

Yep, there are a lot of issues being posted about the Fios One boxes, firmware patches are flying fast and furious. Have you tried a factory reset on the 525? Could be the info for the older box is stored and is interfering with the Fios box being recognized correctly. As far as the 3100 goes, I never had one, so I can't comment on its quality, but can say a LOT of people have replaced theirs and there are some very good threads on how to do it. Just remember that activation of new boxes and firmware updates must see a Fios router as primary or they won't happen.

nicely2x1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've reset the TV, Onkyo, and FIOS together and separately. I can't imagine I missed a reset/power on-off combination.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nicely2x wrote:

I've reset the TV, Onkyo, and FIOS together and separately. I can't imagine I missed a reset/power on-off combination.

Only thing left would be to get them to send you a new box, seems like the only thing you didn't try.