Fios One and Slingbox
stage1ny

I just installed my new Fios One service. I have been with Fios since day one.

My question, does anyone know how to get it to work with Slingbox?

I have a slingbox 500 and cant find support for the arris ipc4100 STB when trying to set it up.

ARRIS IPC4100 is not listed in choices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios One and Slingbox
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mini uses the included adapter that plugs into what looks like a headphone Jack on the back of the box. That should have a red, white and yellow connector on one end, and a 4 conductor Jack on the other. Make sure you get the plug all the way into the Jack on the back of the mini. Then yellow goes to the yellow INPUT on the back of the 350, red to the red and white to the white INPUT on the 350 . You have to choose SD, composite, or AV   input in the slingbox input menu to see a picture, not HD, component or RGB. Also the remote is the same as the 1100 series boxes so look for that remote coode.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given that the old remote works, try the VMS1100 option.

Yanks332

Were you ever able to figure this out?

I have an HDMI cable connected from the STB to the Slingbox HDMI In. I have another HDMI cable going from the Slingbox HDMI Out to the TV.

The picture on the TV goes in and out when connecting through the STB and the same happens on the Slingbox app (but not at the same time).

I can't figure out how to make this work with these new boxes.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the Fios box setup in 4K resolution? Try 1080i, not 1080P. Also check the HDMI cables. Sounds like you may have a bad one. Do the boxes work directly to the tv?

debrand1

I am having the same problem.  Does anyone have an answer.  I can't control the slingbox without the remote.  And I can't find a remote (in the tables) that fits.  I have a FIOS one mini that has a Arris IPC4100 remote control and thats not on the list either.

0 Likes
debrand1

I have the Slinbox 350.  The verizon lady told me the boxes have the same connections on the back. THEY DON'T.  The Fios mini has a A/V input plug and you use a cable (included) that just gives you the chance to plug in the audio and standard definition video.  Mine doesn't work and the tablet shows weak video signal.. So I get audio and no picture while trying to use my tablet to look at my slingbox.

I also see that I can't find a virtual remote control to work at set-up.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mini uses the included adapter that plugs into what looks like a headphone Jack on the back of the box. That should have a red, white and yellow connector on one end, and a 4 conductor Jack on the other. Make sure you get the plug all the way into the Jack on the back of the mini. Then yellow goes to the yellow INPUT on the back of the 350, red to the red and white to the white INPUT on the 350 . You have to choose SD, composite, or AV   input in the slingbox input menu to see a picture, not HD, component or RGB. Also the remote is the same as the 1100 series boxes so look for that remote coode.

Drumer

Thanks for the advice but I have a Slingbox 500 and none of those matched up with that. I can get video on my phone using the sling player app but the remote on the phone does not have a menu or DVR option and none of the controls work.If anyone else has a suggestion on how to get the right remote on the sling player please post it. Thanks. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes